Resume & Cover Letter
The reason resumes holds so much of significance is because it is an efficient medium for an recruiter to get an overview of your accomplishments and expertise. Employers are always in search of easy ways to find out potential candidates and resume is a piece of paper which is designed for that purpose. An effective and impressive resume is one which reflects your education, honors, special skills, additional experience, co-curricular activities, awards that you have achieved and accomplished.
Resume works as a key tool in your job hunt; it serves the purpose of interview. Resume is a way of advertisement through which you promote your skills and experience by assuring the employer, how you can prove subservient in the development of the institution or company in future. As it has so much of significance in your job hunt, it needs to be perfect and effective enough to grab the attention of the recruiter. Your resume should carry the potential to help you in getting your dream job in your desired field/organization.
Why you need an effective resume ?
Resume is your first attempt to advertise your expertise that can fulfill the requirement of the organization. It is a professional document that assists the employer to decide whether a particular candidate is eligible for the job post or not. It is a medium to provide relevant information about the candidate that is essential for an employer to know in order to line up for an interview. Here are few more reasons why resume is important.
- It helps to pass the screening process of the company (requisite experience, educational qualification etc.) to provide basic details which might influence the employer to shortlist the potential candidates. This also provides up to date contact details..
- This document demonstrates you as a professional person with excellent writing skills and high standards on the basis of the fact that the resume is so well organized (clear, well drafted, well, designed including all the professional aspects and ethics). For people in professions like: writing, marketing, advertising, art, the resume can serve as a sample to reflect their skills.
- It can serve other purposes as well. It can be used as an accompaniment to graduate school or as an addendum or a covering page for another type of job application as a part of contract proposal or grant or other application.
- Resume demonstrates what a candidate possess to give the potential employer for the future progression of the organization. It comprises the professional references, job-hunting contacts, etc. that provides the background details as well. You can use your CV as a business card(another form of introductory document).
- Assists the candidate in clarifying their qualifications, strengths, directions, perk up their confidence or to initiate the process of career change or to kick start his/her career.
Key tips to make your resume impressive
A great Resume helps you build an impressive image in front of the employer and presents you in good light. Your resume convinces the recruiter that you possess what is required to be successful in this new career or job position. An pleasantly written resume will always prompt the prospective employer to call you up for an interview. There are few steps, you need to consider to draft a well organized and a prefect resume.
- Highlight your educational qualification and experiences
- The layout of the resume should capture the most significant information
- Use bullets to display crucial information
- Once you finish writing your resume, proof read it twice to avoid errors. Error free resume is always appreciated.
- First try to grasp all the important information and eliminate the clutter.
Since, the essential aspects of the resume cannot be overlooked, take your time to improve your resume and get noticed by the prospective employer. A well organized resume will definitely enhance your prospects of wining a call for an interview.