The area of interest is the Accountant information below the person's name and above the Education section. The pair of three-dimensional, horizontal lines works together as a frame to direct attention to the Accountant information. In the Relevant Experience section, shadowed square bullets, boldfacing, and italic call attention to selected accomplishments.
Sample Accountant Resume
Detail-focused, highly ethical accounting professional with a BBA in Accounting and work experience demonstrating consistent achievement of organizational and fiscal objectives and goals. Able to pinpoint discrepancies and errors to prevent continuing and potentially unnecessary cost expenditures. Willing to accept responsibilities beyond immediate job duties and take on special projects at management request. Proficient in Excel, Access, other MS programs, J.D. Edwards, and proprietary software. Knowledge and skill areas include
|Audits & Financial Statements
General Ledger Accounting
Strategic & Financial Analysis
Audit Review Procedures
Financial Research Projects
Teamwork & Communication
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Accounting, 2000
Accountant, CITY OF NAME, Anywhere, TX 2001-Present
Fully responsible for several core accounting functions within municipality of 200,000 residents, including preparing financial statements and monthly reports/reconciliations, analyzing expense reports, integrating technology to facilitate accounting tasks, and completing special research projects as needed. Assigned significant role in managing finances of WTMPA, organizing large bodies of financial data, and preparing all financial statements for 2001 and 2002 audits. Selected Accomplishments:
- Records Analysis & Error Identification-Researched, identified, and helped resolve several large
discrepancies in receivables and payables, all favorable to City of Name:
- $100,000 in A/R account for City of Name's power purchases;
- $20,000 underpayment for A/R in General Fund Account;
- $10,000 excess in A/P for Internal Service funds.
- Policy Development-Played key role in development of new travel policy, with projected elimination of problems previously stalling productivity of accounting and internal audit functions.
- Financial Analysis-Compiled analysis of franchise fees subsequently used by Assistant City Manager in evaluating potential effects of pending legislation.
- Audit Review Compliance-Prepared cash flow and financial statements for external auditors on 13 Internal Service and 10 Special Revenue funds, with zero notes from auditors on review documents.
- Teamwork & Collaboration-Coordinated project with legal division that revived dormant accounts and ensured proper disposition. Worked with Chief Accountant to construct new reporting model.
- Technology Improvement-Changed automatic accounting instruction table in J.D. Edwards system, leading to correction of multiple unnecessary entries and subsequent cost/time savings.
Collection Agent, CITYBANK, Irving, TX 1997-1998
Trained new employees on account software; prepared detailed financial/customer reports for management.
Manager, TANNING SALON, Irving, TX 1996-1997
Managed A/P, A/R, payroll, and other financial functions in addition to general management activities.