Accounting Clerk Resume
A full-time accounting student wanted to become a part-time junior accountant. A strong summary of skills and good academic credentials appear before beginning work experience.
Sample Accounting Clerk Resume
Full-time accounting student with related experience seeking a part-time position in the capacity of
- Currently enrolled in a four-year accounting program; excel academically while working part time.
- Well-rounded experience working in retail sales environments across foodservice and clothing industries.
- Analytical problem solver with a strong figure aptitude and ability to quickly grasp complex concepts.
- Disciplined with a strong character developed from extensive athletics and community involvement.
- Personable with innate relationship-building qualities; communicate effectively in English and Spanish.
Bachelor of Science, Accounting, expected May 2005
LONG ISLAND UNIVERSITY, C.W. POST, Brentwood, New York
Honors: Phi Eta Sigma, Freshman Honor Society Current GPA: 3.9
Coursework: External Reporting, Tax and Business Strategies, Managerial Accounting, Corporate Finance, Principles of Accounting, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Calculus, Business Law, Marketing, and Statistics
> Supermarket City, Riverhead, New York 11/01 - present
Accounting Clerk, Internal Audit Department, Corporate Headquarters
- Perform general accounting functions focused on high-risk audits of daily inventory for 47 stores, weekly disbursements of short-term payable accounts, and mandatory reporting activities for management review.
- Research, identify, and investigate over/under charges through review and analysis of vendors’ aging reports for all store sites; and verify, reconcile, and approve payment for entry into network accounting system.
- Interface between major snack food and beverage vendors and Supermarket City’s Accounts Payable/ Receivable departments concerning invoice discrepancy issues and account billing cycles that include vendor discounts.
- Assisted Personnel during tax season to trace high-risk fraudulent employee activities for all store locations.
- Interviewed all levels of personnel to investigate incidents of false Social Security identifications and W-2 forms to cases of embezzlement, with a focus on bookkeepers, cashiers, and field auditors.
- Assisted in broad areas of customer service, sales, marketing, staff training, quality assurance, inventory control, delivery verification, stocking, vendor relations, catering services, and product merchandising.
- Selected to train four part-time clerks at another store location on daily produce department procedures.
- Sales Representative, Garment Department, Discount Suits Corp., Riverhead, New York 12/00–11/01
- Assisted in storewide functions, including sales counter and cashiering activities, part-time employee training, inventory control, stocking, merchandise display, purchasing, loss prevention, and problem resolution.
Active Member, Accounting Society, Long Island University, C.W. Post
Co-founder and Chairman, Bay Shore Alumni Student Association
Windows 2000/OSX; Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access; electronic tax research; Internet research; install, configure, and troubleshoot various hardware and software components