Admissions Coordinator Resume
This resume displays the effective use of italic and boldfacing. Italic focuses attention on the summary profile. On page two, italic is used to explain a gap in the individual's work experience. The chief use of boldfacing is to highlight key points in bulleted achievements in the Selected Accomplishments sections. If, as a reader of the resume, you want a quick assessment of "what the person did," search for bullets and boldfacing, and you will have a fast, useful impression.
Sample Admissions Coordinator Resume
Delivering Breakthrough Marketing Initiatives That Drive Revenue Growth and Build Strategic Partnerships
Customer-driven Marketing Specialist with over nine years of experience in the healthcare industry demonstrating strong marketing leadership and uncompromising focus on client needs fulfillment. Consistently successful in increasing revenues, improving profitability, accelerating business growth, and enhancing the quality of service offerings. Combine expert communication, negotiation, team-building, and presentation skills.
Consistently successful in building win-win relationships with staffs, physicians, government agencies, and business partners. Strong business-development and public relations skills, with demonstrated strength in implementing strategies and tactics necessary for successful financial and organizational growth. Solid network of professional contacts in healthcare industry.
REHABILITATION AND CARE CENTER-Houston, TX 2000-Present
Hold full responsibility and accountability for wide range of activities driving patient admission/retention, business development, and market share growth in highly competitive market. Coordinate all issues surrounding resident admission to the facility for long-term or rehabilitation care. Advise families regarding long-term-care insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, and private payment options. Establish and maintain win-win marketing contacts with area medical professionals. Responsible for screening physical and fiscal appropriateness of all potential residents. Challenged to jump-start occupancy rate growth by developing marketing strategies to outdistance competition and position facility as #1 service provider in area.
- Grew occupancy rate to 98%, representing highest rate among major facilities in surrounding area (up from previous average of 87-92%) through strategic marketing contacts and relationship-building strategies.
- Boosted Medicare patient average from 6-7 to 18-19 by addressing needs of skilled patients and using educational forums to sell potential clients on facility program.
- Negotiated favorable service rates with insurance companies for physical and occupational therapy programs, resulting in enrollment increase and bottom-line growth for facility.
- Introduced marketing communications initiatives that educated patients and families about complicated financial, legal, and medical options and facilitated decision-making, leading to steady stream of repeat and referral business.
- Played key role in facility receiving "zero nursing violations" during 2002 state survey of facility conducted by state surveyors and HCFA representative.
FAMILY HOSPICE-Houston, TX 1999-2000
PROFESSIONAL RELATIONS COORDINATOR
Apprised patients and families of healthcare options regarding hospice and the terminally ill. Conducted presentations to healthcare professionals, physicians, and the general public. Negotiated contracts with administrative bodies of long-term healthcare facilities and area hospitals. Developed and implemented short-term and long-range marketing plans/goals.
- Increased business and referral growth by 30+% with physicians/discharge planners, targeting Lubbock and the surrounding areas.
- Facilitated transfer of hospice patients to long-term healthcare facilities, working jointly with hospice/primary care physicians, patient care managers, CNAs, and other industry professionals to expedite process.
- Maintained excellent record of compliance with JCAHO, state laws, and federal regulations.
NETWORK SERVICES-Houston, TX 1998-1999
PHYSICIAN SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Hired as radiologic technologist and promoted to representative position based on educational background and organizational need for new strategic marketing program. Oversaw budget and designed marketing activities to increase new patient visits for PPO and multiple PNS clinics. Reported directly to Marketing Coordinator; coordinated all activities surrounding implemenation of new physician practice within network. Held responsibility for preparation and administration of company-wide special events.
- Coordinated and executed successful events and programs, including KidFest and similar outreach programs, that promoted positive image for organization and resulted in increased referrals and subsequent revenue growth.
- Created successful newspaper ads in the Houston Chronicle for several clinics that effectively pre-sold clients on services through inclusion of special marketing initiatives for each individual clinic.
Fulfilled full-time child care responsibilities through 1997 and subsequently transferred to Houston region in beginning of 1998. Attended workshops and completed independent study to maintain professional development during this period.
MEDICAL CENTER-Santa Fe, NM 1994-1996
SPECIAL PROCEDURES TECHNOLOGIST/RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST Assisted and performed peripheral, pulmonary, and cerebral angiography, as well as other interventional exams. Assisted in mammiographic biopsies; monitored and performed QA equipment testing.
CHIROPRACTIC HEALTH CENTER-Santa Fe, NM 1992-1994
ASSISTANT OFFICE MANAGER
Oversaw pre-certification of all patient insurance claims. Transcribed all physician notes regarding patient information and managed all receivables for office.
AA, Radiologic Science, MEDICAL INSTITUTE-Santa Fe, NM
- Attendee, wide range of workshops and professional development courses throughout career.
- Trainer and Program Coordinator, Continuing Education Unit courses (hospice) for discharge planners.
- Presentation, Rotary Club: Delivered informative speech covering various hospice functions and benefits.
- Co-Host, Charity Event, Junior High School: Benefited local organization in fund-raising efforts.
- Co-Coordinator, Annual Luncheon: Honoring social workers, discharge planners, and other professionals.