Assistant VP Trust Officer Resume
The applicant was a highly qualified individual, one of about 200 middle managers laid off from a regional bank. She had about 25 years of experience with the bank and considerable expertise in her area. The writer emphasized the applicant's banking and trust experience as well as her administrative background to make her more marketable. She was hired as an administrative assistant at an area medical center. Compound diamond bullets draw attention to key information.
Sample Assistant VP Trust Officer Resume
Accomplished administrator with excellent track record in positions of increasing responsibility. Recognized for delivering personalized client service. Respected by clients and colleagues. Experience in managing and performing administrative support functions. Comprehensive knowledge of legal issues relating to probate. BBA degree.
|Functional Areas of Expertise||Personal Assets|
|In-depth client service & relationship building
Probate, trusts, estates, and conservatorships
Laws and procedures relating to municipal bonds
Interaction with attorneys and court officials
Assets and FET 706 worksheets
Administrative & operations management
|Analytical and highly detail-oriented
Written and verbal communication skills
Self-motivation and perseverance
- Instrumental in establishing policies and procedures for new charitable fund (Thomas Trust
Foundation) with initial assets of $5 million. Served as Secretary to the Board. Spearheaded
partnership with community service organization Zonta International. Organized and facilitated
- Served as Stock Transfer and Paying Agent for Fifth Third Bank. Solely responsible for facilitating
stock transfers in adherence with stringent SEC policies and procedures.
- Selected to serve on focus group under auspices of North Central Bankers Association. Committee
reviewed existing laws relating to conservatorships and evaluated appropriateness of future lobbying
efforts on behalf of the association.
- Devised and implemented system to centralize word processing operations (prior to availability
of personal computers). New system reduced support staff by half while increasing efficiency.
- Collaborated with computer programmer to develop software to handle specific financial transactions.
- Nominated for Midland Area Chamber of Commerce Athena Award (1995), established to recognize
contributions by women in the business and professional community.
- Received Zontian of the Year award and President's Award from Zonta International of Midland.
- Honored with Fifth Third Bank Community Service & Citizenship award.
Fifth Third Bank Estate Management, Inc. • Midland, Michigan 1978-2006
Assistant Vice President/Trust Officer-Personal Trust/Probate
- Administered 140 personal trust, estate, and investment accounts valued at $52 million. Acted
as conservator, settled probate estates, administered revocable and irrevocable trusts and agency
- Ensured settlement of estates in accordance with deceased's wishes; negotiated with family
members and others to achieve resolution.
- Interacted with clients on a one-to-one basis. Provided personal assistance and guidance in addition to delivering financial services, consistent with Client-First mission.
Assistant Vice President/Trust Officer/Corporate Trust Section Manager-Corporate Trust
- Managed high-profile (such as Jacobson Foundation and Bay Valley Estates) as well as routine
bond accounts for municipal and governmental entities.
- Processed stock and bond transfers, bond trusteeships, and dividend and interest payments.
- Performed accurate recordkeeping (computerized and manual) resulting in consistently
- Managed selected portfolios.
- Interacted with Securities & Exchange Commission and federal Bank Examiners during annual audits.
Manager-Corporate Transfer Agent section
Administrative Assistant-Employee Benefits
Saginaw Valley State University • University Center, Michigan
Bachelor of Business Administration-Magna cum Laude 1998
- Personal Trust School-Midwest Trust Schools
- Certified Corporate Trust Specialist designation-Institute of Certified Bankers
- Corporate Trust III-Cannon Financial Institute
- Ongoing professional development and computer training
- Zonta International District 321 [State of Michigan]-former Secretary/Treasurer (1998-2000)
- Zonta International of Midland-President (2002-2004), also former Recording Secretary, Treasurer, First Vice President, Director
- Community Children's Foundation-Treasurer, Board of Directors (current), and other leadership roles
- United Way, Bay & Midland Counties Chapter-Board of Directors
- Midland County Habitat for Humanity-former volunteer (managed 2,500-name mailing list)
- Safe House of Midland-former Board of Directors, Membership Committee