Associate General Counsel Resume
The individual wanted to test the waters and see how marketable she was. The writer demonstrated the person's value and growth within her profession. A distinctive feature is the use of two columns to indicate-by categories in the left column and details in the right column-the person's areas of expertise at the most recent workplace. Check-mark bullets draw attention to achievements listed for each of the categories. The two columns add to the impression of adequate white space.
Sample Associate General Counsel Resume
Accomplished corporate counsel with more than seven years of experience devising and implementing practical solutions to complex problems. Skilled in dispute resolution and client management. Articulate communicator and clear, concise writer with polished presentation and interpersonal skills. Impeccable ethics and integrity.
Areas of Expertise
Real Estate • Transportation • Commercial Transactions
Admitted to Colorado Bar, 1992
Juris Doctor, University of Denver, College of Law (Top 20% of Class)
|Property Acquisition/Sales/Transfer||Easements/Right of Way||Default Letters/Releases|
|Property Leases/Deeds||Tower Site Agreements||Condemnation Actions|
|Trespass Claims/Relocation Issues||Evictions|
The Broe Companies, Inc., Denver, CO 1996-Present
Associate General Counsel since 1999. In-house counsel for privately held company with holdings and operations in commercial real estate, senior living communities, railroad and related transportation services and healthcare technology. Served as Director of Legal Affairs, 1996-1999. Legal expertise includes
Managed contracts process, including negotiations, dispute resolution and collections for equipment sales and leases; commercial property acquisitions and leases; vendor agreements; confidentiality agreements; service agreements for start-up operations.
- Processed high volumes of contracts in short timeframes. Meticulously reviewed each contract. Prudently selected points to argue, winning them in negotiations.
- Successfully negotiated corporate accounting and telecommunications software usage contracts.
Directed and determined litigation and resolution strategy for commercial, property and personal injury disputes; prepared reports advising CEO, CFO and Managing Director of status of company legal matters. Served as the liaison between corporate and outside counsel and facilitated exchange of information.
- Selected and retained outside counsel as needed. Weighed the merits/costs of the case against the efforts necessary to establish relationship with outside counsel and made go/no-go decisions.
- Strived for speedy resolution through mediation and arbitration to reduce costs.
- Encouraged clients/departments to budget for litigation to meet budget objectives.
Managed company's intellectual property portfolio and provided advice on trademarkrelated issues.
- Creatively resolved several naming disputes, avoiding costly litigation.
Handled resolution of wrongful termination, discrimination, sexual harassment and
ADA claims; provided counsel on immigration matters, use of independent
contractors, and development of personnel policies and procedures.
- Resolved more than 80% of discrimination and wrongful-termination claimswithout incurring incremental costs and avoiding lengthy litigation.
Served as primary liaison between subsidiaries and insurance carriers; evaluated, monitored and settled claims; ensured compliance with policy reporting requirements. Provided legal assistance in company's efforts to establish captive insurance company.
- Established timely notifications and accurate record keeping of all incidents and claims.
- Interpreted insurance coverage/policies for all concerned parties.
Corporate Formation Records Maintenance
Supervised formation and records maintenance for company subsidiaries structuredas corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships.
- Formed companies in 20 different states, Canada and the Caribbean.
- Developed database and maintained accurate corporate records in compliance with IRS regulations for 200 companies.
Law Office of Bertrand F. Marsh, P.C., Denver, CO 1994-1995
Associate Attorney. Firm's primary undertaking was defense of a Fortune 500 company in multimillion-dollar litigation involving sale of product technology. Supervised paralegal team in responding to discovery requests; responsible for privilege review of documents responsive to discovery requests.
Project Attorney, Denver, CO 1992-1993
Clients included Colorado Attorney General Department of Natural Resources and PRC Environmental Consulting, Inc., a U.S. Environmental Protection Agency contractor. Research and writing regarding federal and state hazardous substances, water and air-quality regulations in support of state's position in clean-up negotiations. Investigation, verification of evidence and compilation of reports for use by EPA in identifying and bringing actions against potentially responsible parties in environmental clean-up actions.
Member, American Corporate Counsel Association
Member, Colorado Bar Association
J.D. University of Denver, College of Law, Denver, CO, 1991
B.A. International Studies, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ, 1986