Attending Physician/Staff Resume
The individual was looking at senior practitioner roles in a small practice. The writer helped the applicant show potential employers that she had worked in leading roles and could manage staff. The writer also displayed the applicant's patient care and knowledge. The opening profile lists in three columns her areas of expertise. Bulleted items in the Professional Experience section point to activities and responsibilities related to patient care.
Sample Attending Physician/Staff Resume
Senior Medical Resident in Internal Medicine with extensive knowledge of community medical diagnostic and patient care services in various settings, including inpatient and outpatient clinics, and government/private hospitals and clinics. Strong understanding of current principles, methods, and procedures for the delivery of medical evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment in women's healthcare, including rotation in OB/GYN. Outstanding interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills: Fluent in English, Romanian, and French, combined with a basic command of Hungarian.
|Institute of Medicine & Pharmacy-New York||Doctor ofMedicine (1998)
Class Rank: Top 8%
|Institute of Medicine-Hungary||Doctor ofMedicine (1991)
Class Rank: Top 10%
|Certifications:||Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
Basic Life Support (BLS)
Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM)
|Professional Licenses:||Doctor of Medicine (MD)-New Jersey
Doctor of Medicine (MD)-California
CLIFTON MEDICAL CENTER-Clifton, New Jersey Oct 1998-Present
Reporting directly to Chief of Medical Service and Chief of Staff M.D for 140-bed medical center providing hospital, outpatient clinic, rehabilitation unit, and nursing home services. Scope of responsibilities includes health care; supervising/teaching rounds; teaching clinic; supervising on-call residents; and working with residents on Internal Medicine Residency Program.
- Provide and manage direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses, and treatment.
- Train and supervise residents and on-call residents engaged in specialty activities and procedures, including emergency room on-call duties, inpatient area, outpatient clinic, nursing home/rehabilitation and long-term care/hospice unit, and off-site outpatient clinics.
- Effectively manage ER, medical floor inpatients, emergencies in ICU/CCU, and all in-house medical residents while on call as attending Medical Officer of the day.
- Frequently function as acting Chief Resident, directing and coordinating the patient care activities of nursing and support staff.
- Collaborate with residents on Internal Medicine Residency Program.
MEDICINE ASSOCIATES OF BLOOMFIELD-Bloomfield, New Jersey Jan 1999-Jan 2001
Reported directly to partner physicians while supervising a staff of 4 for small private practice. Scope of responsibilities included providing internal medicine; daily office functions; managing in-hospital patients; and managing patients at several local nursing homes and personal care homes.
- Developed and implemented patient management plans, recorded progress notes, and assisted in provision of continuity of care.
- Managed in-hospital patients at 3 local hospitals; provided appropriate patient education explaining the necessity, preparation, nature, and anticipated effects of scheduled procedures to the patient.
- Managed patients at several local nursing homes and personal care homes; examined patients, performed comprehensive physical examinations, and compiled patient medical data, including health history and results of physical examination; and prescribed pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
Member, American Medical Association (AMA)
Member, American Society of Internal Medicine (now called the American College
of Physicians-American Society of Internal Medicine, ACP-ASIM)
The Use of a Correction Factor for the Calculation of Suprarenal Outputs as a Function of
Arterial Pressure, diploma thesis, 1982.
Baucht, J., and Jones, M., "The Use of a Correction Factor for the Calculation of
Suprarenal Outputs as a Function of Arterial Pressure," presented at and published in
the proceedings of The National Symposium of Physiology, New York, August 16-18, Vol. 1, 2:20-24, 1981.
Determination by E-testing of sensitivity of gram-negative microorganisms to
Levoflaxacin, sponsored by Baxter Pharmaceuticals (submitted for publication).
Measurement of adrenal blood flow in an experiment model.
Advisor: Dr. James Baucht
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST