Career and Life Coach Resume
The applicant had a successful business/entrepreneurial background and wanted a nonprofit management position. The writer plays up the variety of the applicant's core skills, job positions held, qualifications, and work experiences to make her appealing to a wide range of organizations. The two-column look of the first page helps convey a sense of diversity. The reader can see at a glance something of the individual's qualifications, education, and experience.
Sample Career and Life Coach Resume
18+ years of experience in dynamic organizational settings, including past 8 years in positions of bottom-line accountability. Background includes history of creating and building various small businesses. Effective communicator highly skilled in multiple environments- public speaking, groups, and one-on-one. Core skills include
|Organizational Leadership||Project Management|
|Persuasive Communications||Problem Resolution|
|Staff Management||Training and Development|
|Customer Service||Cross-Cultural Awareness|
- Mission Planning and Implementation
- Organizational Development
- Leadership Training
- Marketing Communications
- Media Relations
- Public Relations
- Corporate Relations
- Grassroots Campaigns
- Community Outreach
- Educational Programming
- Member Development and Retention
- Member Communications
- Volunteer Recruitment
- Volunteer Training
- Special Events Management
Columbia College, Columbia University- New York, NY
B.S., English Literature (Journalism/Ancient Religions concentration)
- Editor of campus weekly magazine
- Awarded Cornell Woolrich Fellowship
Career and Life Coach 1995-Present
Honolulu, HI; Seattle, WA; Florence, Italy; London, England
Consult with and advise-in person and by telephone-clients of a variety of personal backgrounds and professional levels. Select clients include lawyers, child services professionals, non-profit board members, non-profit fund-raisers, artists, and cultural diversity trainers. Work closely with one assistant on scheduling matters.
- Successfully partner with clients, assisting them through major life transitions.
- Conceptualize, plan, and write all marketing materials for lifeand career-development workshops.
- Communicate with media regarding workshop promotional plans. Consistently attract 5 to 20 participants.
- Mentor other professional teachers and workshop presenters on planning, implementation, and problem resolution.
- Publish quarterly client newsletter with circulation of 150.
- Have designed and led weekly workshops on subjects ranging from stress management to decision making.
Certified Yoga Instructor 1999-Present
Honolulu, HI; London, England
Currently perform private therapeutic sessions. Have taught daily classes of up to 40 students, including new student orientations. Handle all administrative functions.
- Employ various levels of persuasive communication according to individual student's level, expectations, and goals.
- Have assisted hundreds of people in recovering from injuries, addiction, and stress, helping them develop positive mind and body attitudes.
Founder/Manager/Sales Representative 1997-1999 Handworks, Inc.-Seattle, WA Accountable for bottom-line success of this on-site chair-massage service at natural food supermarket franchises. Contracted out and supervised 11 massage therapists. Acted as liaison between customers, employees, and corporate management.
- Spearheaded comprehensive public relations campaign to educate public about services.
- Successfully planned and built business from scratch. Sold it after only two years.
Jin Shin Jyutsu Practitioner 1994-1999
Private Practice-Seattle, WA
Built thriving private practice providing Japanese Jin Shin Jyutsu style of bodywork.
Founder/Manager/Sales Representative 1994-1995
Davidson Delicacies-Seattle, WA
Managed all aspects-production, sales, distribution-of this wholesale natural food venture, including materials procurement, kitchen operations, order fulfillment, and account maintenance. Negotiated terms for 20+ accounts throughout Seattle area.
- Launched and grew profitable business, starting with no knowledge of business world or industry.
- Positioned company for success by implementing unique marketing message. Attracted attention of national buyers (including a national food distributor).
- Created Climbing Cookie and other unique concept products. Customers still ask for them at area stores.
Administrative Assistant 1992-1993
The Family Schools-Seattle, WA
Oversaw all front- and back-office operations for experimental alternative school program of the Boulder public school system. Program focused on community development of elementary school programs.
Program Assistant 1990-1992
Neighborhood Initiative Programs-Seattle, WA
Accountable for program and event planning for this government-funded leadership training and education for low-income and minority communities. Wrote grant proposals, press releases, business communications, and marketing materials. Assisted in design of Community Leadership Training Program.
Communications Assistant 1989-1990
Williams & Stevenson-Baltimore, MD
Collaborated to compose marketing proposals and newsletter pieces. Managed administrative functions in communications department of this international law firm.
Communications Assistant 1984-1988
Pratt, Gregg, & Nakamoto-Baltimore, MD
Charged with authority to assess prospective client case potential. Generated press releases and marketing materials for this entertainment law firm. Researched and wrote one partner's weekly column for New York newspaper.