Construction Consultant Resume
If it were not for the Employment history section on the second page, this resume would be altogether a functional resume. The applicant's name is large enough to be seen at a distance in an average-size office. A profile, areas of competence, and achievements in a Professional Achievements section take up almost all of the resume. Boldfacing and underlining help the reader see the many areas of expertise indicated at length on pages one and two.
Sample Construction Consultant Resume
Maintenance Management ~ Project Engineering ~ Metals Industry
Results-driven and well-organized Engineering Professional able to combine a unique blend of formal technical education with a solid, hands-on background in the metals industry.
Extensive knowledge of manufacturing environments. Versatile team player with an ability to incorporate new concepts and interact with all levels of professionals. Expertise in industrial construction: foundations, structural steel, plumbing, and electrical. Work closely with management, consultants, vendors, and tradespeople.
Equipment Selection & Installation
Planning and Development
Cost Reduction Strategies
As an Independent Consultant, and as a Maintenance Manager and Mechanical Engineer for Northeast Pipe Company, I developed expertise in the following areas:
Project Management-Provided design, project planning, and implementation for a variety of large projects that had a major impact on improving operations, efficiency, and profits.
- Specified, selected and managed the installation of a 150,000cfm pulse jet dust collector utilizing a 600hp blower, with more than 2,000 bags and 150-ft.-tall discharge stack. The project resulted in a drastic improvement in the air quality of the manufacturing area.
- Managed the design and implementation of a cooling tower for the cupola, for maintaining cool shell temperature. The 2,000-ton-capacity system included 150hp pumps running at 2,000gpm with extensive piping, all completed by in-house personnel.
- Renovated a 150-ft.-long annealing furnace with new burners, gas trains, blowers, ductwork, refractory, structural work, and new control room, to significantly increase production and efficiency.
- Directed the installation of seven air compressors, totaling more than 800 hp, in three climatecontrolled rooms, to provide reliable shop air pressure.
- Consulted with a spray specialist on paint machine improvements in order to decrease paint use and improve the appearance of the product. Developed and managed the conversion process, which included a new spray system, all new controls, paint storage tanks, hydraulic unit, pipe conveying system, and overspray removal.
Industrial Maintenance-Managed a maintenance team of more than 50 employees covering three shifts of operation. Personnel included a superintendent, nine foremen, millwrights, electricians, machinists, carpenters, and mechanics.
- Maintained the entire foundry consisting of scrap-loading cranes, 60 tons/hr charging system, cupola system, pollution-control equipment, wastewater treatment plant, cooling towers, hotmetal cranes, core department, six casting machines, annealing furnace, quality control, pressure-testing equipment, cement-lining station, seal-coating station, pipe lifts, air compressors, machine shop, buildings and grounds, and mobile equipment.
Environmental Compliance-Performed/supported storm-water testing and permitting, yearly stack testing, hazardous waste removal, solid waste storage, dust collector performance evaluations, monitoring well testing, wastewater treatment operations and testing, materials recycling program, and continuous emissions monitoring.
Operations-Supported operations in various capacities, including start-up, troubleshooting, environmental compliance, production upgrades, quality-control testing, maintenance, and new equipment commissioning.
Engineering Procurement-Procured items including pumps, bearings, gears, couplings, valves, pipe fittings, structural steel, fasteners, motors, cranes, gearboxes, hydraulic units, blowers, tooling, machined and fabricated parts, obsolete part substitutions, and pneumatic and hydraulic components.
Civil Engineering Design-Completed extensive design of reinforced concrete foundations, walls and slabs, structural steel building design and detailing, underground water supply and drain piping design, grading and paving throughout plant, and transit layout work.
Machine Design-Designed an assortment of machinery and machinery parts. Well-versed in fabrication and machining techniques and rebuilding of machinery (pumps, cylinders, gearboxes, cranes, lathes, etc.).
HVAC-Performed HVAC calculations, primarily blower and ductwork sizing. Designed, specified, and installed systems to provide furnace waste heat for pipe drying, fresh-air supply for control rooms, gas heaters for freeze protection, and infrared tube heaters for curing rooms.
Quality Control-Supported the plant's efforts in the ISO 9002 certification process. Experienced in product physical testing methods including Charpy impact, tensile, hardness, metallurgy, dimensional gauging, weighing, and pressure testing.
Piping-Designed and installed numerous piping systems for water, air, oxygen, nitrogen, natural gas, oil hydraulics, wastewater and sludge, powder conveying, fuel oil, and paint. Utilized several types of piping (carbon steel, stainless steel, cast iron, hydraulic tubing, copper, and plastic).
Materials Handling-Specified, operated, and maintained overhead cranes, forklifts, conveyor belts, pneumatic conveying systems, screw conveyors, bucket elevators, scissors lifts, conveyor chains, and pipe transfer cars.
- Independent Construction Consultant working on various construction projects 5/00-present
- Maintenance Manager, Northeast Cast Iron Pipe Co. 6/99-4/00
- Mechanical Engineer, Northeast Cast Iron Pipe Co. 4/90-6/99
- New Jersey Professional Engineering License, 2002
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering-New Jersey Institute of Technology, 1989
- Computer skills include Internet proficiency, AutoCAD14, and Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Bilingual-English and Spanish