This cosmetologist owned her own shop and, as an artist with creativity, wanted to promote and develop her business. To that end, the writer designed this resume to be attentiongrabbing.
Sample Cosmetologist Resume
Cosmetology Techniques/Methods • Mask Applications • Facial Spa Equipment • Maneuvers • Manipulations
Customer-oriented cosmetology professional with valuable blend of business ownership and management experience combined with noticeable talent in esthetic skin care leading to customers' enhanced appearance and well-being. Utilize history as licensed Cosmetologist, Manager and Instructor to propel all facets of client care, organizational management and strategic planning agendas. Extremely well organized, dedicated and resourceful, with ability to guide operations and associates to technique improvements, maximized productivity and bottom-line increase.
• Relationship Building • Customer Service • Time Management • Creative/Strategic Selling • Follow-Up • Merchandising/Promotion • Relationship Management • Product Introduction • Inventory Management • Expense Control • Vendor Negotiations • Client Needs Analysis
PRINCESS SALONS…Powell, Ohio (1996 to Present)
Full-service and independent customized hair, nails and tanning boutique positioned in strip mall (suburban locale) setting; operations staffed by 5 employees, contractors and technicians.
Administered entire scope of operations while simultaneously contributing as cosmetologist in one station of four-station salon. As single owner of small business, administered profits and losses, undertook all facets of decision making, strategically guiding salon operations and productivity, and assumed complete responsibility for revenue performance.
Management responsibilities included cosmetic/accessories sales, customer service and client management, accounting and finance, associate development/management, regulation compliance, business/operations legal requisites, retail merchandising and advertising, inventory procurement and control, vendor relationships, contract negotiations, booth rental contracts and leases to licensed cosmetologists and nail technicians.
- Successfully conceived and launched full scale of operations and guided business to strong reputation for quality output of product and services; consistently met challenges of market conditions and business atmosphere to persevere throughout 8 years of ownership.
- Maintained operating costs at lowest possible point by reducing inventory and labor hours during seasonal periods. Also negotiated with vendors to secure better pricing for goods and services.
- Facilitated revenue increase by bringing in cosmetic line to enhance product offering to clients.
- Recognized opportunity to supplement revenue and spearheaded remodel of existing tanning space to provide for
- Expanded market visibility by becoming member of Powell Chamber of Commerce.
- Modified policies and procedures to ensure employee compliance with changing licensing regulations.
- Worked in concert with American Cancer Society to provide styling services to cancer patients with aim of improving appearance, outlook, confidence and self-esteem.
TIFFIN ACADEMY OF COSMETOLOGY… Tiffin, Ohio • Cosmetology • Manager • Instructor • Licenses
TIFFIN ACADEMY OF HAIR DESIGN… Tiffin, Ohio Graduate in Hair Design
Continuing Education Units (to meet requirements of 8 credits annually)
Certificate of Achievement for Advanced Basic Esthetics and Spa Therapies, August 2004
Several seminars held by various cosmetic associations
The Hair Place … Dublin, Ohio Manager of Licensed Cosmetologists (1993-1996)
Beverly Hills Salons … Worthington, Ohio Licensed Cosmetologist (1990-1993)