Case Manager Cover Letter
A poorly worded, "loose" want ad asked for a lot of generic skills. The applicant had little
experience in the field. The writer played up the applicant's communication skills and team-player
Sample Case Manager Cover Letter
2365 S Mayfield Ave • Chicago, IL 60652 • Cell: (123)-555-1234
April 9, 2010
Cargill Animal Nutrition
MA, 011, Boston
Dear Hiring Professional:
The Cargill Animal Nutrition management position you advertised recently accurately describes my skills and
abilities. I am a professional with a strong track record of success who would love to join your company!
||Examples of My Qualifications
- Currently a case manager for a juvenile offender release program after
completion of boot camp. Have to create a team environment with the
juvenile, drill instructor, psychologists, teachers and parents to ensure postrelease
success. Our program has the highest success rate in Florida.
- Ran a retail store and performed any and all functions that had to be
completed, from sales to administrative to customer service.
- Set up and ran a new branch of a company that provided auto financing. Had
to adapt rules and procedures to accommodate car dealers and customer
- Have developed and given numerous presentations and classes to groups and
- In Human Resources position, gave new-employee orientations, completed
and filed paperwork and answered employee questions.
- All my jobs have required exceptional decision-making ability: from
developing case-management and release plans to running a store or
managing human resource benefits for employees.
|Manage multiple tasks
- Currently supervise and oversee the cases of up to 30 juveniles who are in
different phases of release, simultaneously managing their needs, program
plans and paperwork.
- Background in Human Resources, where conflict management and
multitasking were essential to successful performance.
- As case manager for a youth offender program, am constantly resolving and
mediating conflicts among the juveniles, their parents, the system, teachers
and other authority figures.
My resume provides further details of my accomplishments. I look forward to discussing a new career
opportunity with you. I will contact you next week to arrange a meeting to discuss your company's needs in