Construction Project Manager Cover Letter
The writer developed this "cold" inquiry letter for an applicant with strong experience and accomplishments. Bullets point first to an experience list and then to quantified accomplishments.
Sample Construction Project Manager Cover Letter
April 10, 2010
456, X Street, Y Avenue,
Dear Mr. Hall:
Could your company use a results-oriented problem solver with a thirst for new challenges? As a seasoned Construction Project Manager/Owner's Representative experienced in successfully completing diverse commercial construction projects ranging in value from $250K to $40 million, I bring
- 10+ years of experience managing successful projects from initiation to completion
- a B.S. in Architecture
- strong commitment to customer service and quality in everything I do
- exceptional skills in fostering team rapport through direct communication
- proven ability to develop, monitor, and meet construction deadlines, finishing at or under budget
- Completed construction of $8.5 million hotel project three weeks ahead of schedule and $250K under budget, while exporting and replacing 50,000 cubic yards of contaminated soil.
- Maintained a nearly 100% within-budget and on-schedule success rate in completing construction of 12 fast-food restaurants within a 12-month period.
- Reduced time required creating punch lists by 50%. Created and facilitated efficient hotel-room construction inspection process.
- Decreased time required to track and expedite units to jobsite by 50% through development of unique estimating spreadsheet that categorized custom door and window unit types and prices.