Human Resources Generalist Cover Letter
The applicant was seeking a position as a senior-level HR professional. Bullets point to highlights of her 15-year career. In the last paragraph, she places her HR role on a par with senior management.
Sample Human Resources Generalist Cover Letter
[City, State, ZIP]
Dear [Ms./Mr. Name]:
Strong human resources leadership can have a tremendous impact on operating results. By building and managing an effective HR infrastructure, developing successful productivity, efficiency, quality and performance management, I have consistently made a direct contribution to corporate goals. Highlights of my professional career include
- 15 years of senior-level experience as an HR Generalist, providing HR planning and leadership in union and nonunion environments across diverse industries
- Implementation of HRIS technology and applications to improve information flow and use in strategic planning initiatives
- Strong qualifications in employee relations with ability to build confidence and trust between employees and management
- Introduction of loss control, safety and Workers' Compensation fraud programs
- Authoring employee manuals to provide employee guidelines in compliance with changing regulatory environments
Most significantly, I have positioned myself and the HR function as a partner to senior management in working together toward producing top-performing workforces able to meet operating challenges. Currently I am looking for a new opportunity as a senior-level HR professional with an organization seeking talent, drive, enthusiasm and leadership expertise. I would welcome a personal interview to explore such positions with your organization. Thank you.