Human Resources Generalist Cover Letter
This letter is full of keywords relevant to the field of human resources. The clustering of the bulleted items according to three categories breaks up a long list and makes the items easier to grasp.
Sample Human Resources Generalist Cover Letter
February 12, 2010
1234 Archer Road,
Gainesville, Fl 32607
Dear Mr. Holloway:
Your recent HR generalist vacancy has prompted me to send you my resume for review. As you will discover, I offer the depth of experience necessary to successfully administer safety, benefits, and compensation programs; recruit, train, develop, and retain staff; build community relations; assess and fulfill staffing needs, and evaluate / revise policies and procedures. Thirteen years of collective HR experience also enforce comprehensive knowledge of state and federal personnel regulations. Additionally, my history reflects a loyal, stable employee who thrives on increasing responsibility and progressive learning. It would be an honor to contribute to a corporate culture such as yours, which values people and appreciates differences.
The following attributes and well-developed skills are additional reasons to take a close look at my credentials:
HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATION
- Integrity, loyalty, and diligence earn respect and reflect distinction.
- Ownership of responsibility and accountability demonstrate leadership and character.
- Time management and organization skills help streamline tasks and cultivate efficiency.
- Investigation and decrement foster effective problem resolution.
- Analysis and interpretation skills assist in understanding guidelines, policies, and procedures.
COMMUNICATION / INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
- Direct communication and appropriate interpersonal style enhance understanding.
- Enthusiastic presentation stimulates interest in and retention of material.
- Attentive listening enhances interviewing, counseling, and mediating.
- Professional / personal security reflect a genuine person who easily integrates into teams.
- Ability to build rapport strengthens community ties and maintains valuable resources.
- Persuasiveness sells ideas and promotes acceptance of change.
- Friendly, personable, helpful attitude contributes to an accommodating environment.
- Attention to details and focus on excellence inspire others to excel.
- Capacity to easily learn and retain procedural information suggests decreased training time.
- Willingness to embrace challenging, changing situations indicates flexibility and adaptation.
- A sense of humor and positive outlook help ease stress in the workplace.
Experience, confidence, and drive will enable me to make significant contributions to your HR goals. Because a personal interview would benefit us both, I will contact you within the week to schedule an appointment at your convenience. In the meantime, thank you for your consideration.
Andrew Carter, PHR