Networking Letter Cover Letter
This networking letter was for an ex-entrepreneur reentering the workforce. The writer is upfront about his entrepreneurship instead of masking it with titles such as president or managing partner.
Sample Networking Letter Cover Letter
January 10, 2010
Mr. Christopher Miller
123, Allis Street
Boston, MA, 01234
Dear Mr. Green:
It has been a while since we spoke at your company’s fundraising event last winter. As you may know, I have been helping a number of organizations with significant challenges as part of their executive team after successfully selling my company, Media XYZ, Inc., in 2003.
Now that the time has come to move on, I was wondering if you could help me identify contacts that I can approach at Fortune 500 technology ventures, where I can combine my technological and general management skills to provide strong, decisive, hands-on leadership, preferably to an operations, professional services, or consulting division. I currently reside in New York City but am open to relocation.
My success with my own company (integrated marketing, servicing Fortune 100 and e-commerce clients) and my consulting projects, as well as during prior employment, lies in my ability to quickly generate results. Never satisfied with the status quo, I developed a keen eye for identifying and capitalizing on market opportunities and am adept at swiftly responding to market changes and customer demands. Even though my track record goes back only ten years, I have demonstrated achievements in
- Managing businesses to turn around performance and achieve full potential
- Analyzing and controlling all aspects of multisite operations to reduce costs and improve profits
- Negotiating favorable domestic and international deals, acquisitions and strategic alliances, and partnerships
- Combining expertise in strategic/tactical marketing and business development
- Creating and introducing cutting-edge technologies and procedures
- Training, motivating, and directing 140+ personnel to improve individual and group effectiveness
Because I value your experience and perspective, I have taken the liberty of enclosing a résumé to assist you in evaluating appropriate contacts and suggestions. I would greatly appreciate any ideas, recommendations, or referrals you could offer. Rest assured that I would happily do the same for you if the situation ever arises. I will call you next week to follow up.