Operations Manager Cover Letter
The applicant's plant was closing. The writer points out his top accomplishments and emphasizes that he is a "people person" who builds strong relationships and values teamwork and integrity.
Sample Operations Manager Cover Letter
February 15, 2010
Oak land, Mchingham
121 New areas, near Business Mark tower
Dear Hiring Professional:
In response to your search for a quality Manufacturing Management professional, I bring 8 years of extensive, hands-on experience in Operations. This includes project and facility management, people development, quality procedures and new product development.
I am an extremely high-energy and innovative engineer who leads by example. I consistently produce strong results with a high degree of integrity, dedication and problem-solving skills.
Many of my achievements are due to my ability to create and maintain rapport with individuals within the organization. This quality, coupled with a drive to think analytically and manage deadlines, has given me a track record of success. Some highlights include the following:
- Promoted from Process Engineer to Manufacturing Supervisor to Productions Engineer to Manufacturing Manager to current Operations Manager position within an 8-year time frame
- Succeeded with both ISO 9001 and ISO 9002 programs
- Led new product introduction, pilot plant production and national expansion
- Set up new facilities in record time
- Made several process improvements, inventory-level improvements and reductions in stand product costs
- Hired, trained and developed team of 38 employees with 21 direct reports
My resume and a summary page provide further details of my accomplishments. You will note that I have progressed in responsibility levels throughout my career. I look forward to discussing yet another career opportunity with you. I will contact you next week to arrange a meeting so that we may discuss your company's needs in greater detail.