Sales Representative Cover Letter
The targeted company required outside sales experience, which the applicant lacked. The letter emphasized her sales success and good match for the company. Within a week, she got the job.
Sample Sales Representative Cover Letter
February 10, 2010
Hallmark Cards, Inc.
ATTN: Human Resources Director
Kansas City, MO 64141
Re: Positions for Sales Professionals
Dear Human Resources Director:
When you care enough to send the very best...send me! The opportunity to represent Hallmark Cards, the perennial industry leader, would be a dream come true. Because I share your philosophy that only my best is good enough to offer, I have consistently been a top-producing sales representative for my current employer, constantly exceeding sales quotas and earning recognition from clients, peers and supervisors.
Accomplishments have included the following:
- Among 50 sales representatives, rank in the top three for the past two years, supporting the achievement of departmental sales goals averaging $500,000 per month.
- Regularly produce 30% or more over daily sales goals.
- Selected to manage key national accounts.
- Commended by peers for providing sales assistance/support with accounts in a competitive environment.
- Chosen to mentor new hires.