Vendor Contract Negotiator Cover Letter
This candidate offered a variety of expertise, so this broadcast letter opens with a few questions to get the reader thinking. The candidate landed five interviews and a lucrative contract in six weeks.
Sample Vendor Contract Negotiator Cover Letter
January 24, 2010
456, X Street, Y Avenue,
Dear Mr. Martinez,
- Is your organization fully prepared to safeguard its technology services, information, and facilities in the event of a disaster?
- Are you taking full advantage of high-value and cost-effective vendor agreements?
- Do you benefit from high team performance and low turnover?
If you answered "No" to any of the above questions, then allow me to introduce myself and the expertise I can offer your organization. With a proven and award-winning track record of achievement, I offer a unique combination of expertise in disaster recovery/business continuity planning, vendor management/negotiations, and team leadership. I am currently offering my services to organizations within the Durham region and would like to draw your attention to the value I offer.
Put simply, my expertise is delivering results. In previous positions, I have designed, implemented, and optimized comprehensive enterprise-class disaster recovery and information security procedures, saved millions in vendor negotiations and third-party service agreements, and led a variety of cross-functional teams to consistently achieve and exceed organizational mandates.
If the following interests you, I invite you to review the attached resume, which further illustrates my experience, achievements, and expertise:
- Expert in Disaster Recovery, Information Security, and Business Continuity-expertise includes planning, protection, and off-site recovery of technology services, databases, and facilities
- Superior contract procurement, negotiation, and vendor-management capabilities-proven record for negotiating agreements that improve service quality and save millions in vendor costs
- Strong, decisive, and motivating leader-reputation for building and leading high-performance teams to breakthrough achievement
- Available for full-time, part-time, contract, and consulting opportunities
If you believe that you could benefit from a highly motivated and talented professional with a reputation for generating results, I would welcome the opportunity to meet and discuss the specific value I can offer your organization.
I thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.