Director of OT Rehab Resume
The individual was relocating to another state. She had valuable experience but did not know how to communicate it. The writer categorized the person's work experience and community service (see the underlined headings and embedded headings in italic) to give the reader a complete picture of the applicant's background. She was hired within just a few weeks of making the move. The opening Professional Highlights establish the high level of the applicant's information.
Sample Director of OT Rehab Resume
- Highly skilled Registered Occupational Therapist whose record speaks for itself. Extensive clinical experience complemented by additional experience educating students, health-care providers, patients and the general public.
- Intimately involved in start-up of innovative hospital-based rehab program that has increased elective surgeries and improved patient outcomes.
- Maintain competency in all treatment modalities, including ultrasound, phonopherisis, electric stimulation and various massage techniques.
- Passionate about providing the best possible patient care leading to independence.
- Challenge-driven . . . dynamic . . . creative . . . mature work ethic.
FIRST CHOICE • Atlanta, Georgia 2005-Present
Director of Rehab
- Manage all aspects of contractual department within a 79-bed skilled nursing facility providing short- and long-term care, primarily to geriatric patients. Tripled case load within months of hire.
- Hire, train, schedule and manage staff. Develop and monitor budgets and financial performance.
- Collaborate with medical staff to identify patients' RUG levels. Also provide direct patient care.
- Act as liaison with facility's administrator.
MERCY HOSPITAL • Iowa City, Iowa 2000-2005
Staff Occupational Therapist
Inpatient, Transitional and Acute Care
- Provided OT treatment for full case load of patients. Participated in treatment and discharge planning as well as patient assessment. Communicated with patients and their families. Conducted patient teaching and facilitated understanding of the rehab process.
- Performed occupational therapy in outpatient and pediatric units as needed. Joint Care Team (JCT)
- Represented OT during development and launch of Joint Care, a wellness-based and patientdirected recovery program for elective surgery of the knees and hips focusing on preoperative education, personalized pain management and advanced therapy techniques.
- Collaborated with other members of the JCT to present orientation/education class for patients. Met with patients individually to assess home setting and make equipment recommendations.
- Followed up with patients within two days of surgery to evaluate status and design OT treatment plan. Assisted with delivering OT services to patients individually and in groups.
- Up Team (UT)-Incorporated uplifting strategies into daily activities that impacted patients and staff. Encouraged communication between disciplines, leading to greater independence for patients. Cultivated positive attitudes that resulted in more positive outcomes.
- Health & Safety-As Rehabilitation representative, responded to patient codes facility-wide. Prepared Rehab department for JCAHO and CARF accreditation visits. Conducted drills and quarterly inspections. Generated reports for the facility's Health & Safety commissioner.
- Functional Independence Measures (FIM)-Educated new rehab employees and other disciplines on assessment process to maximize consistency of scores between evaluators.
- Chart Audit-Reviewed 30 randomly selected charts for adherence to JCAHO guidelines.
MERCY HOSPITAL • Iowa City, Iowa
Staff Occupational Therapist
- Team Conference Committee-Championed the introduction of this multidisciplinary team that rounded three times per week and saw every patient at least once per week. The open-forum concept facilitated communication between health-care providers, patients and their families.
- Rehab Recognition Awards-Cochaired committee responsible for evaluating nominations and recognizing outstanding performance of staff members.
- Spinal Cord Injury-Mentored into involvement with program and subsequently became the facility's informal "spinal cord expert." Completed ongoing self-study to improve clinical knowledge. Participated in planning and strategy meetings.
- CARE Club-Conceived concept and introduced activities to boost morale and build camaraderie among employees in Rehabilitation department.
EASTERN IOWA COMMUNITY COLLEGE • Cedar Rapids, Iowa 2001-2005
- Taught classes and delivered guest lectures in ACOTE-certified OTA program.
SELECT CARE HOME HEALTH CARE • Coralville, Iowa 2004-2005
HEARTHSIDE • Hills, Iowa & 1999-2000
Home Health Therapist
BAY MEDICAL CENTER • Bay City, Michigan 1998-1999
Staff Occupational Therapist
Bachelor of Occupational Therapy 1997
- Occupational Therapist-Registered-National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy
- Licensed Occupational Therapist-State of Georgia
- Registered Occupational Therapist-State of Iowa
- Licensed Occupational Therapist-State of Michigan
- Level 1 Reiki Certificate-The International Center for Reiki Training
- Iowa Adaptive Golf-Helped disabled people of all ages participate in the sport of golf. Delivered programs that provided golf professionals with knowledge, strategies and tools to teach the disabled. Provided clinics for disabled golfers.
- Safe Kids Coalition of Southeast Iowa-Instructed new parents and family members in the correct usage of infant car seats. Certified by National Highway Safety and Transportation Department.
- Eastern Iowa Community College Advisory Board-Participated in student recruitment and strategic planning for OT program.
- Arthritis on the Golf Course-As guest speaker, delivered presentation to symposium sponsored by the Arthritis Foundation of Iowa.