Director, Operations and Training Resume
Font sizes are smaller in this resume because there is more information to communicate to the reader. Strengths and accomplishments are placed in three columns after a profile. Boldfacing makes the information in the columns stand out. In the Professional Experience section, boldfacing helps distinguish general management from engineering management and directs attention to workplace names and job positions. Bold italic is used for the main section headings.
Sample Director, Operations and Training Resume
Metals Industry ~ Engineering ~ Manufacturing
Multi-dimensional hands-on business professional providing leadership, vision, creativity and business acumen in driving and managing business growth. Skilled in relationship building, metals, engineering and manufacturing line management. Accomplished in planning and executing projects from concept through production, with strong troubleshooting and problem-resolution skills. Highly organized and detail oriented. Demonstrating broad strengths and accomplishments in
New Business Development
P & L Responsibility
|Staff Management & Development
Marketing & Sales
Adept at improving products and processes, and operational effectiveness with bottom-line results.
~ Operations Management/Lean Manufacturing/Engineering/Metals Industry ~
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE-General Management/Operations/Sales
NEW JERSEY COMPUTER SCIENCE INSTITUTE, Newark, NJ
NJCSI in an accredited postsecondary vocational educational facility providing authorized instructor-led and handson IT training for the profit market. NJCSI is operated locally under the auspices of the NJ Department of Education and federally under the ASSCST. Organization employs 75-100 staff, maintains a 35% New Jersey market share selling services to the corporate and general population and ranks among the top 20 private for-profit training centers within the state.
Director of Operations & Training 1991-Present
Recruited to oversee daily operations of educational institute with full P&L responsibility for operations, maintenance, facilities, placement, corporate training and purchasing departments. Extensive knowledge of networks, Internet, database systems and programming processes.
- Recommended, acquired and implemented software, hardware and all IT equipment for the institution.
- Provided leadership and strategic direction for organization with emphasis on leading-edge technology.
- Reported directly to the President, implementing set agendas and achieving tactical/strategic goals.
- Authored and implemented overall budget, ensuring business objectives were achieved on a timely basis.
- Hired, evaluated and mentored staff, providing needed training and necessary staff changes.
- Instituted new consulting division with full P&L responsibility for sales, marketing and IT installations at all customer sites.
- Identified and assessed operational concerns, taking corrective actions when necessary.
- Introduced new technologies and innovations while increasing alliances and enrollment by 150%, resulting in doubling sales figures.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE-Engineering Management/Technical Operations
GAMMA METALS INC., Jersey City, NJ
Gamma Metals is the world leader in the development, manufacturing and sales of innovative materials used in the electronic assembly process with revenues of $130M annually. Clients include IBM, COMPAQ, Motorola, Seagate, Conner and the automotive industry.
Manufacturing/Key Manager 1990-1992
- Oversaw the production and distribution of solder paste and powder to domestic/international divisions.
- Managed myriad projects within budgetary restrictions, achieving corporate growth.
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrated experience of manufacturing, testing, and regulatory and quality operational issues associated with worldwide distribution.
- Authored and oversaw departmental budget.
- Liaison with domestic/international sales and marketing staff to improve overall product performance through modifications.
- Increased sales by 200% and reduced manufacturing downtime by 45% by introducing statistical process controls.
- Increased product shipments by 300%, reduced network by 75% and implemented JIT by testing to improve manufacturing techniques/production processes.
- Increased production output by 87% while gaining Union/Teamster acceptance and contract ratification by expanding weekly operation shifts.
- Graduate of Corporate Quality Improvement Process and instituted this process in preparation of ISO 9000 certification.
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIES INC., Rahway, NJ
Medical Technologies, a start-up medical device (pulmonary and respiratory products) and consulting firm, with approximately 50 staff and $5M in annual sales.
Director of Manufacturing/Engineering1985-1990
- Liaison with medical community and regulatory agencies.
- Senior staff member formulating key tactical and strategic programs impacting company operations.
- Led multidisciplinary teams responsible for product design, marketing and manufacturing.
- Hired, trained and motivated engineering staff, forming a cohesive approach to the product-development process.
- Improved current operational procedures to speed the documentation of medical device procedures to gain design, manufacturing and packaging approval within 90 days.
- Managed full project life-cycle, bringing a new product from design to manufacturing.
- Increased sales from $175K to $2.5M over four fiscal years by designing precision electronic/mechanical, durable medical equipment while creating manufacturing facility 2 months ahead of schedule and 15% under budget.
ELECTRO-CATHETER TECHNOLOGIES, Linden, NJ
Company designed, manufactured, marketed and sold adult and pediatric cardiovascular catheters employing 250 staff, with 2 production plants, and $25M in annual revenues. Ranked among the top 25 cardiovascular catheter firms in the country.
Vice President of Operations 1983-1985
Hired to institute ME department and facilitate the smooth transition of products from R&D to manufacturing.
- Key player closely working with suppliers to ensure that subassemblies and components meet engineering, quality and delivery standards.
- Investigated strategic alliances and partnerships, enhancing capabilities of engineering/manufacturing efforts and improving product line.
- Reduced transition time from R&D to manufacturing by 80%.
- Saved $200K in materials/assembly time within first two fiscal years by introducing 15-second ultrasonic welding cycle.
- Completed facilities by 10+% under budget for new products while increasing production.
BECTON DICKINSON & COMPANY, Rochelle Park, NJ
Division Senior Engineer 1980-1983
SECON METALS INC., White Plains, NY
Production/White Room Lead Engineer 1975-1980
MONMOUTH UNIVERSITY, Long Branch, NJ
Master of Business Administration-Finance ~ Ongoing
MANHATTAN COLLEGE, Riverdale, NY
Bachelor of Science-Mechanical Engineering (BSME)
Total Quality Management (TQM)-Phillip Crosby Associates
Strategic Planning & Financial Analysis-American Management Association
Interactive Management & Stop Program-Dupont Corporation
Adobe Certified Expert-Photoshop (ACE)
AutoDesk Certified Instructor
MCSE-NT 4.0 & MCT-NT 4.0
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), WordPerfect, Lotus 1-2-3, AutoCAD 2002, Adobe Photoshop,
Adobe Illustrator, Adobe inDesign, Web Design, E-mail and Internet, and accounting software packages.