Divisional Director of Operations Resume
Unique dot-in-a-diamond bullets point to areas of expertise in the Executive Profile and to accomplishments in the Career Experience section. Horizontal lines enclosing section headings make the overall layout easy to see. The writer likes to use a larger font size (12 points) for the text in the Executive Profile to make that information stand out from the resume's other information (at 11 points). Note that all the achievements are quantified in some way.
Sample Divisional Director of Operations Resume
Successful executive with 27 years of proven success in revitalizing failing business units. Proven career record of producing multimillion-dollar profits through pinpointing operational inefficiencies and encouraging the revitalization of employee morale and corporate culture change. Possess solid understanding of food distribution industry in diverse markets and cultures, including profit and loss, market analysis, operations analysis, and logistics. Demonstrated ability to communicate business principles to distribution center personnel on all levels in order to facilitate change and initiate turnaround. Expertise in
CST CORPORATION 2002-PRESENT
DIVISIONAL DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS, Savannah, SC
Recruited for abilities to successfully revitalize failing business units. Currently responsible for more than $1 billion in annual sales from Fort Worth, Oklahoma City, and Denver facilities. Accountable for all P&L, equipment, utilities, personnel, and operating procedures. Directed overhaul from the ground up of San Diego distribution center, including bringing warehouse, offices, refrigeration, and transportation facilities up to code and fully staffing the center. Mobilized correction of gross inefficiencies in Oklahoma City and Fort Worth facilities, resulting in quick turnarounds. Facilities currently maintain monthly profits.
- Launched San Diego distribution center and built into a profit-producing facility within 3 months.
- Reduced substantial losses at Oklahoma City distribution center of $6 million per year to generating a profit within 3 months. Cost per case drastically fell 85-90 cents per case-excluding marketing monies-resulting in $8+ million turnaround (running rate).
- Directed operational changes in Fort Worth center, resulting in cost per case drastically falling from $2.35 per case to $1.80 per case, with $5+ million gain in profits realized in 4 months (running rate).
GALLEY'S FOOD SERVICE, INC. 1998-2002
GENERAL MANAGER, Lincoln, NE
Recruited to modernize operations in return for potential significant equity position. Restructured business financially and reorganized personnel. Monitored P&L and administered daily supervision of staff. Developed strong relationships with key accounts. Boosted bottom-line profitability in order to strengthen personal purchasing position.
- Achieved notable increase in profits, including a 60% increase in 1996, a 26% increase in 1997, and an 11% increase in 1998. (All profits are EBIT.)
NAUTILUS FOOD SERVICE, INC. 1994-1998
DIVISION PRESIDENT, Sioux City, IA
- Initiated operational changes within one year that revitalized Sioux City center from 7-year record of losses to $350,000 EBIT in fiscal 1996.
BEST FOODSERVICE, INC. 1991-1994
DIVISION PRESIDENT, Boca Raton, FL
EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT, Baltimore, MD
Accountable for all P&L and administration of all personnel, including sales, procurement, marketing, operations, customer service, finance, transportation, and warehouse staff. Directed $450 million distribution center with 1,350 employees, overseeing sales, procurement, and marketing.
- In 1994/95, transformed Schmidt acquisition with 9 straight years of losses to a turnaround of $250,000 EBIT, an overall gain of $1 million.
- Negotiated additional $1.2 million in additional EBIT through fourth-quarter vendor buy-in conference.
University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN
Executive M.B.A. Program. Accepted into exclusive program; completed 8-week course prior to acceptance of Best promotion and transfer.
University of Houston, Houston, TX
Best Management School, 1991
Ivy League University, East Coast, PA
Bachelor of Arts Degree, Business Administration
Honors-Received full scholarship for music and sports. Varsity baseball, Captain; Theta Delta Chi, President and Treasurer; All-Conference Outfielder, State of Pennsylvania; Recruiter and Mixed Quartet member.
CST Corporation, Distribution Company of the Year-2000
Best Foodservice, Branch of the Year-1993
Nautilus Food Service, Highest Margin and Highest Sales Gross-Attained awards 11 out of 12 months
Galley's Food Service, National Sales Award
Numerous Sales Awards