Educational Coordinator Resume
This applicant had done many things but not in the field she wanted to get into: production design. To de-emphasize her many short-term jobs, the writer focused instead on her skills and put them on the first page. The applicant's key qualifications are grouped under three kinds of skills indicated in side headings. Boldfacing on the second page helps the reader see job positions and the art galleries where the applicant had exhibited fine art.
Sample Educational Coordinator Resume
"Producing creative design solutions for the future"
PROFILE: Talented, resourceful artistic visionary who is skilled in translating abstract concepts into practical solutions using computer graphics and artistic design. Strong background in graphic and presentation design. Portfolio at www.teriboyd.com. Adept at planning and organizing events and exhibitions. Superb communication skills.
- Adobe Photoshop 6 & 7, Adobe Illustrator 9 & 10, Microsoft PowerPoint and Word, FileMaker Pro 5.0, QuarkXPress 4.1 & 5, Macromedia Dreamweaver 4.0, Macromedia Flash 5.0, Painter 7.0
- Detail-oriented graphic artist with exceptional creative and follow-through abilities.
- Able to effectively analyze and communicate creative ideas with clients.
- Landed major account by designing on-the-spot solution after 20-minute discussion with client.
- Innovative weave textile designer. Created unique technical solution for woven fabric project that resulted in significant production cost reduction.
- Experienced graphic designer and Web designer.
- Accomplished artist and draftsman with paintings exhibited in 7 New York metroarea art exhibitions.
- Co-organized and presented 7 painting exhibitions that featured personal paintings and other painters.
- Coordinated and administered training program for computer and software sales and training company. Supervised multiple classrooms and oversaw activities of 4 freelance trainers. Designed and developed curriculum.
- Created graphics for marketing department using Photoshop, Illustrator, Quark, and MS Office products.
- Developed and wrote a 50-page business plan for opening a small studio to display and sell paintings.
- Created and implemented an efficient filing system for organizing and storing software and educational material.
- Produced spatial and construction solutions for store product displays.
- Received Rotary Club Scholarship based on communication skills.
- Certified Technical Trainer (CTT), Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) Illustrator 9.0, Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) Photoshop 6.0.
- Adjunct Professor at 4 different colleges teaching Drawing 1, 2D Design, and Art Appreciation.
- MFA in Fine Arts, SUNY, Buffalo, NY, 5/02
- BA in Fine Arts, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY, 5/96
MAYWOOD COMPUTERS Maywood,NJ
Educational Coordinator 2/01-3/06
Computer and software sales and training company. Taught desktop publishing classes consisting of 1-8 students for client companies. Supervised multiple classrooms and oversaw activities of 4 freelance trainers. Designed and developed curriculum.
WPF ASSOCIATES Hackensack, NJ
Graphic Designer 8/00-1/01
Corporate presentation digital production studio. Developed MS PowerPoint and Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator designs for various types of presentations. Landed major account after designing graphic on the spot after short conversation with client.
JONES DESIGN STUDIO Waldwick,NJ
Graphic Designer/Web Designer 1/00-8/00
Print and Web site production company. Prepared graphic designs for print and Web site using Dreamweaver, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
INGIS CORP. Oakland,NJ
Weave Designer 2/98-1/00
Textile and design company. Analyzed textiles for redesigning to save manufacturing costs. Identified and corrected major technical flaw in one of the designs.
THE ARTWARE STORE Mystic,CT
Store Manager 6/96-2/98
Ran art-supply store. Provided display solutions.
NORLELLEN STOKLEY INTERIORS Ridgewood,NJ
Produced murals, faux finishes, color compositions, and interior design surfaces.
Adjunct Professor, Drawing 1 and 2D Design Courses, Fall 99, Rockland Community
College, Suffern, NY
Adjunct Professor, Art Appreciation and 2D Design, Fall 98, Bergen Community College, Paramus, NJ
Adjunct Professor, Art Appreciation, Fall 98, 99, Rockland Community College, Suffern, NY
Adjunct Professor, Drawing 1 and 2D Design, Spring 98, Purchase College, SUNY, Purchase, NY
Fine Art Exhibitions
Gallery of South Newark, Group Show, South Newark, NJ, Winter 01
Dactyl Foundation for the Arts & Humanities, Group Show, Soho, NY, Summer 00
Dactyl Foundation for the Arts & Humanities, Group Show, Soho, NY, Winter 98
SUNY Purchase Gallery, One-Woman Show, Purchase, NY, Spring 98
Paterson Museum, One-Woman Show, Paterson, NJ, Spring 97
Lena DiGangi Gallery, One-Woman Show, Totowa, NJ, Spring 96
Lena DiGangi Gallery, Group Show, Totowa, NJ, Winter 95
Bengert-Macrae Gallery, Group Show, Wyckoff, NJ, Spring 94
Catskill Art Society, One-Woman Show, Hurleyville, NY, Spring 92