Forensic Investigator Resume
Strong page borders unite visually the two pages of this resume for a Vietnam War veteran who was seeking to leave a long-term career as a forensic investigator to become a consultant for television/film. Bold, centered, and underlined headings guide the reader's eyes downward through the two pages. Attractive 3-D, arrow-tip bullets point to the individual's transitioning skills and to his significant achievements as a forensic investigator.
Sample Forensic Investigator Resume
Professional Forensic Investigator/Physician Assistant seeking to transition background and experience into a new consulting venue for television/film. Successfully combine literary consultant experience and published crime-scene authoring. Natural ability to communicate professionally with individuals of all levels. Organized, detail-oriented, and efficient administrative abilities.
- Investigated approximately 500 deaths a year, over a 28-year career, in role as Forensic Investigator, including homicides, suicides, accidental deaths, undetermined deaths, and deaths from natural causes.
- Supervised crime scene for Medical Examiner's Office; pronounced death, conducted physical examination of the deceased, investigated scenes, reconstructed accidents, identified and preserved evidence.
- Advised detectives, crime-scene technicians, and morgue drivers.
- Obtained biological exemplars for evidentiary purpose at direction of police agencies, courts, or their authorized agents.
- Identified and established evidentiary value of items, i.e., samples for toxicological analysis, documented evidence, and directed removal while safeguarding quality and chain of evidence.
- Testified in court. Assisted in prosecutions in more than 1,000 DWI cases.
- Conducted formal lectures, educational programs, and conferences in forensic medicine for physicians, NYSSPA, and staffs.
- Provided regulatory reporting to OSHA, Long Island Police Departments, FBI, New York State Health Department, Centers for Disease Control, and Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Participated in research of Huntington's Disease.
MEDICAL EXAMINER'S OFFICE • Riverhead, NY 10/78 to 10/06
Conducted independent and confidential investigations of deaths. Interviewed witnesses, recorded
detailed observations of scenes, took photographs, collected evidence, and reviewed physician and
hospital records. Obtained factual history and recorded events with emphasis on manner and
circumstances of death. Prepared and submitted detailed reports.
- Senior Forensic Investigator for Suffolk County Medical Examiner's Office investigating 1997 TWA Flight 800 disaster.
- Assisted in implementing new Medical Examiner's facility, 1988.
- Co-founder and creator of the "Forensic Investigator" role in 1978-replacing 20 P/T police surgeons and deputy medical examiner positions.
STONY BROOK HOSPITAL • Stony Brook, NY 10/91 to 7/93
Hospice Nurse On-Call-P/T
Provided comfort and patient care, and administered medications to 40-50 ill and dying patients.
Interacted with family members and loved ones to educate them on patient status and care.
Prior to 1978, served as a Physician Assistant and EMT/ORT at several surgical and medical practice centers: Huntington Surgical Group, New York Group, Good Samaritan Memorial Hospital, and Massachusetts Memorial Hospital.
Associate of Applied Science in Nursing, 1990
New York University, New York, NY
Bachelor of Science in Health Science Technology, 1974
State University of New York at Stony Brook School of Allied Health, Stony Brook, NY
Physician Associate, 1973
Technical Adviser to Tom Philbin on Precinct Siberia Crime Novels for Fawcett Publishing: Precinct
Siberia / Undercover / A Matter of Degree / Cop Killer / Jamaica Kill / Death Sentence / Street Killer
Antiquarian Book Dealer-Flitcraft Books
American Journal of Forensic Pathology:
"Open Revolver Cylinder at the Suicide Death Scene" (Pending)
Wrote Stories for Physician Assistant Update Magazine
New York State Licensed Registered Nurse-#426200
Registered Physician Associate-# 000149
MEMBERSHIPS / ASSOCIATIONS
Founding Member of New York State Society of Physician Assistants
Original Member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants
Pioneering Member of Physician Assistant Profession
Attended First Physician Assistant Program at the State University of New York at Stony Brook
Life Member of the First Marine Division Association
TASK FORCE SERVICE
Emergency Medical Service (EMS) Council of Suffolk County
U.S. Navy, 1965-1971
2nd Battalion-1st Marines
lst Marine Division-Vietnam