General Manager Resume
This individual had retail management experience and wanted to move into human resources management. The writer plays up human resources both in the profile and in the Career Highlights.
Sample General Manager Resume
Professional manager with a broad-based background in business development, human resources, personnel management and store operations. Strong leadership and motivational skills; proven ability to quickly build rapport, establish trust, and train and motivate people of all levels. Recognized for professionalism, positive mental attitude, commitment to excellence and demonstrated ability to communicate and interact effectively with senior management, associates and customers. Bigpicture focus on company goals has produced increased efficiencies in production and sales.
Project Management • Expense and Inventory Control • Policies, Programs and Procedures
Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa andMichigan.
controllables and salary expenditures.
motivational training and mentoring.
|Responsible for overall store operations.|
customer service initiatives.
efficient operating conditions and ensure in-stock position.
General Manager, WESTRIDGEAPPAREL, Schaumburg, Illinois, 08/99 to Present
- Supervised all aspects of the opening of the Weekend Only Warehouse concept store.
- Recruit, hire and train sales staff.
- Schedule sales and support staff.
General Manager, VENTURE CORPORATION, Chicago, Illinois, 09/98 to 08/99
- Executed merchandising and operations for hardlines /softlines.
- Controlled office/freight receiving procedures; salary budgets.
- Supervised management staff, emphasizing sales performance and high standards of store operations.
- Directed complete remodeling of assigned fashion areas.
- Trained management personnel in operations and supervision.
- Managed job assistance efforts for multiple stores during business close-down.
|RegionalHRTrainer, Ft.Wayne, IN-09/95 to 09/98||FashionManager, Quincy, IL-04/84 to 11/90|
|District Manager, Ft. Wayne, IN-11/91 to 09/95||Apparel Manager,GreenBay,WI-04/81 to04/84|
|Softline Manager, Garden City, MI-11/90 to 11/91||Assistant Manager/Trainee, Kenosha, WI-07/80 to 04/81|
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Bachelor of Science in Clothing, Textiles and Design (cum Laude), 1980