HR Director Resume
This Human Resources Director wanted a resume "outside the box" to distinguish him from the competition. The Value Proposition points to the impact he has on his present company, and the phrases in italic in the left column serve as a profile expressing further the person's value as an employee. Diamond bullets point to extensive key accomplishments for each workplace. Note that a number of these accomplishments are quantified in percentages and dollar amounts.
Sample HR Director Resume
- Expert in organizational effectiveness.
- Recognized consensus-builder among diverse groups.
- Innovative problem solver.
- Strategic partner.
- Effective executive coach.
- Facilitator of management/staff collaboration to achieve business goals.
- Watchdog against corporate legal liability and exposure.
Bringing balance and simplicity to Human Resources processes, I create a competitive advantage for the business that is reflected in the bottom line.
Proactive in anticipating problems and active in fixing things that break, I attract and retain a highly skilled and motivated workforce by implementing innovative and cost-saving programs.
Employee Relations: Balance the company's best interests with the employees' needs to achieve business goals. Implement best management practices to maintain high morale in multinational and multisite businesses.
Staffing: Identify and define high-quality candidates in a tight job market and reduce cost per hire and turnaround time. Manage succession planning and employee development programs to build for the future and retain top talent.
Executive Coaching: Coach senior management to develop and communicate new strategy for continuous improvement and organizational effectiveness.
Organizational Development: Integrate cross-functional teams to change corporate culture and define common vision of success. Drive change targeted at strategic growth.
Benefits and Compensation: Develop and implement benefits and compensation programs that provide strong ROI.
Labor Law: Apply U.S. and international employment law to ensure compliance with regulations and minimize company's legal liability.
JOHNSON MEDICAL SYSTEMS, Burlington, MA 2002-present
Worldwide Director of Human Resources
Provide the full spectrum of human resources support for worldwide imaging device division producing revenues approaching $1 billion. Manage all legal and compliance issues; perform executive-level consulting in organizational development; coaching; results-oriented training, development, and implementation; and strategic planning.
- Improved employee satisfaction 20% by implementing division-wide 360-degree feedback process to identify and correct problem areas.
- Developed and instituted innovative staffing plan that reduced turnaround time (from time-to-post and time-to-fill) by 25%.
- Developed policies that addressed discrepancies between U.S. and German employment law.
- Simplified performance evaluation process to achieve buy-in throughout the division.
- Saved $500,000 by increasing employee retention and reducing associated cost of new hires; achieved competitive advantage by retaining top talent.
TECHNOCORP, Westborough, MA (headquartered in San Francisco) 1998-2002
Senior Human Resources Manager
Reorganized the management structure for a bicoastal Engineering Division including internationally recognized experts in magnetic recording, electronics, and physics. Drove programs in continuous improvement and organizational effectiveness in a fast-paced and highly competitive environment, resulting in improved efficiencies and management excellence.
- Built strong partnership with the executive staff to ensure that managers and employees worked collaboratively to achieve business goals across two sites. Implemented programs that drove high productivity and job satisfaction.
- Reduced staffing and compensation costs by $250,000 by developing hiring and pay programs based on individual development plans, succession plans, and workforce planning. Trained internal candidates to fill hard-to-staff positions.
- Provided executive coaching to Vice President of Engineering to identify leaders and structure the department to improve organizational effectiveness.
- Advised managers on fair hiring practices and employee performance issues to reduce corporate liability.
CONTINENTAL COMPUTER CORPORATION (acquired by XCom, 1998), Shrewsbury, MA 1983-1998
Senior Human Resources Manager, Worldwide Sales and Marketing Division Headquarters
Held positions of increasing scope and responsibility in various Continental departments, beginning as Management Development Consultant and finishing as Senior Human Resources Manager.
- Oversaw the effective delivery of all human resources management, including compensation, recruitment, HR information systems, and university relations in a worldwide business with almost 4,000 employees and an annual operating budget in excess of $625 million. Managed a staff of 40 in a matrixed technical organization.
- Developed and implemented core programs in performance management and human resources planning that sharpened organizational effectiveness by providing managers with practical tools and critical information.
- Served as Human Resources Manager to five headquarters vice presidents.
- Introduced an innovative reward program that was essential to the retention of key employees and to the business's ongoing success.
- Implemented an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) program with anticipated savings of millions of dollars in litigation costs.
- Provided leadership in XCom/Continental acquisition by identifying acquisition issues, determining and implementing best practices, and eliminating redundancies across both organizations.
- Awarded: Continental Achievement Award for Outstanding Contributions to Diversity Work (1994), Continental Achievement Award for Competitive Benchmarking (1993), Managerial Excellence Award (1991), and Educational Services Instructor Excellence Award (1985).
Certificate Mediation and Dispute Resolution, Metropolitan Mediation Services, Cambridge, MA
MBA Executive Program, Babson College, Babson Park, MA
BA Communications, Speech, and English, State University College of New York at Buffalo