Industrial Engineer Resume
"The focus on Education, Relevant Coursework, Academic Projects, and Engineering Experience nicely positions this new graduate for a full-time position as an industrial engineer"-resume writer's note.
Sample Industrial Engineer Resume
New Product Design • Manufacturing Process Redesign • Project Management
University of Massachusetts ~ Amherst, MA
B.S. Industrial Engineering ~ Graduated with Honors ~ May 2003
Engineering Design • Systems Engineering • Computer Integrated Manufacturing • Production Systems Production Engineering • Operations Research • Oral and Visual Communications Industrial Psychology • Ergonomics • Quality Management
- Researched and recommended alternative methods for coating coronary stents for a leading manufacturer of cardiovascular products. Designed and manufactured prototype for spray-coating each stent, as opposed to the current practice of dipping them, which resulted in a 25% reduction in defects.
- Designed a facility and assembly-line layout to optimize production for an electronics products company.
- Generated a comprehensive Safety and Development Plan for a medical devices company.
- Created an ergonomically efficient material-handling trolley.
ABC Cardiovascular, Amherst, MA 5/02-10/02
Industrial Engineer, Co-Op
- Designed, developed, and implemented a unique device for facilitating the movement of coronary stent and catheter products from one workstation to another, resulting in a 20% decrease in scrapped product.
- Revised and simplified the Standard Operating Procedure for a label-printing machine that included detailed, easy-to-follow troubleshooting procedures and digital photographs.
- Analyzed production reports associated with a crimping machine and successfully identified one product that was consistently more prone to defects than others. Recommended machine adjustments to alleviate defects.
- Optimized floor space by rearranging and redesigning four production cells within a tightly constricted space.
- Member of a team to prepare for a critical FDA audit. Ensured machines were fully validated and safety guards were properly and securely in place.
Albright Roofing and Painting, Framingham, MA 9/03-Present
Construction Laborer-Contribute to roofing and home painting projects.
Dunmore Plastering, Southboro, MA Summers 01 and 03
Plasters Foreman-Organized and monitored building materials and inventory levels.
Independently Employed, Amherst, MA 1/99-5/01
Agricultural Contractor-Performed agricultural contract work for farmers.