Kindergarten Instructor Resume
This kindergarten teacher was energetic, enthusiastic, assertive, creative, and fun-loving. She wanted a resume that would make these characteristics evident so that she could find a principal who was comfortable with them. The playful nature of the font and layout helps communicate her enthusiasm. The apple graphic, plenty of white space, check-box bullets, and triple horizontal lines sustain interest across two full pages.
Sample Kindergarten Instructor Resume
More than 6 years of experience teaching kindergarten. Outgoing, creative and ambitious professional who loves children and pushes for positive growth. Experienced with both gifted and emotionally handicapped students. ESOL certified. Functions well in a variety of settings. Volunteers for everything!
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, & TRAINING
|University of Tampa||B.S. in Elementary Education||1998|
|University of Tampa||B.S. in Early Childhood||1999|
|Hillsborough County Schools||ESOL certified||2001|
TEACHING & DEVELOPMENT EXPERIENCE
DeCroes Elementary School Tampa 2001-2004
Focus on determining each child's individual educational needs and developing a curriculum based on school's objectives.
- Developed improved curriculum to enhance the learning of the letters and sounds of the alphabet.
- Created a "center-based" atmosphere to encourage learning through play.
- Initiated multiple interactive activities to ensure that each child learned at their individual development level.
- Created stimulating and active learning environment with the addition of live animal pets in the classroom: an iguana, a rabbit, hamsters, birds and fish.
- Crafted a Big Buddy program and matched students with fifthgraders. Held parties and reading sessions, and did mutual projects.
- Communicated verbally and/or in writing with parents daily to update them on social and emotional development.
- Member of national award-winning team that created an exhibit titled Under the Sea. Project was an outgrowth of Wading Through Florida, a lesson and arts-and-crafts project created for kindergarten classes.
- Chosen as Teacher Liaison/board member for the PTA due to reliability, candor and sensitivity.
- Volunteered as Social Committee Chairman in order to improve social interaction and sharing among adult school staff.
- Solicited and secured local business support, donations and funding as a key member of Business Partnership Committee.
Intermediate Summer Instructor
Fins Elementary School Tampa Summer 1999
- Developed a hands-on program to prepare 4th-grade summerschool students for the 5th grade.
Gifted Summer Instructor, primary
Fins Elementary School Tampa Summer 1998
- Collaborated with a group of teachers to enhance the gifted curriculum, resulting in Junior Detectives Go to the Zoo.
Reynolds Elementary School Tampa Spring 1997
- Worked with individual emotionally handicapped students. Goal was to enhance their problem-solving skills in order to control their emotional impulses.
|Gianni Elementary School||Tampa||1999-2000|
|Bayfront Christian School||Tampa||Fall 1998|
- Hillsborough County Classroom Teacher Association (FTP/NEA)
- Hillsborough County Math Council
- Hillsborough County International Reading Association
- Junior League of South Tampa
- Social Committee member
- PTA member
- Girl Scout/Brownie Troop leader
|Monthly volunteer work||1999-present|
|School staff events||2001-present|
|Participate in events||2001-present|
|Lead troop in activities||2000-present|