Local Systems Administrator/ Corrugator Scheduler Resume
Companies assume that mature applicants want a high position or high salary, but this applicant wanted only a "decent" amount of responsibility. The writer presents him as low-key and reliable.
Sample Local Systems Administrator/ Corrugator Scheduler Resume
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing and distribution operations and logistics, with a particular strength in improving efficiency with effective supply-chain analysis, production planning and scheduling.
- Hands-on experience in materials forecasting, purchasing and inventory management.
- Versatile problem-solver, especially in the application of technology to the planning process, as well as day-to-day operations.
- Computer and related equipment skills: Microsoft Office suite, Crystal Reports, AS400, Novell NetWare, IBM PCs, HP printers.
Northern Industries, Inc., Portland, OR, 1992 to Present Local Systems Administrator / Corrugator Scheduler for the Pleasant Park, IL, plant of this major manufacturer of corrugated containers and point-of-purchase products. Firm recently merged into the XYZ Company.
- Maintain plant LAN systems; provide training and first-line user support for systems issues.
- Install and repair computer equipment.
- Plan and direct production schedules for two-shift machine operation.
- Forecast, purchase and manage raw materials inventory within sales budget.
- Manage finished-for-release inventories for key accounts.
- Provide expertise for sales and production departments to establish new product requirements.
- Established and operated a company selling and servicing computer products for small businesses.
Assistant Warehouse Manager
- Developed significant improvements in layout and operational procedures to increase productivity.
- Installed warehouse management computer system; provided liaison to data processing staff and system vendor.
- Trained operations staff and led the transition to new procedures.
Additional experience gained with the following:
- Distribution Systems Analyst with DDD Corporation, Chicago, IL, 1978–1985. Completed projects to develop and maintain layouts of multi-warehouse distribution center, analyze material-handling requirements and branch store inventory sharing, and research computer support requirements.
- Intelligence Analyst with the U.S. Army, 1967–1974, and the Central Intelligence Agency, 1974–1975.
Big State University, Big State, IL
Bachelor of Science in Administrative Science, 1978