Manager Retail Resume
The applicant was applying for a position with a competitor in Arizona. She had held positions with the same responsibilities at several stores. To eliminate repetition, the writer summarized key duties.
Sample Manager Retail Resume
Nine years of retail management experience demonstrating a consistent track record of outstanding sales, merchandising and customer service results. Equally strong qualifications in all areas of fine jewelry department operations: P&L, budgeting, inventory control, training, security and other functions. Effective communicator, leader and problem solver who builds teamwork and possesses the initiative to exceed goals.
LAWRENCE FINE JEWELRY CORPORATION, Seattle, WA (1993-present)
Progressed rapidly from part-time position to manager at several stores, including the following:
Manager-G. Fox, Randolph Mall, Dallas, TX (1999-present)
Manager-G. Fox, Valley Mall, Phoenix, AZ (1995-1999)
Manager-G. Fox, Turner Mall, Tucson, AZ (1994-1995)
Assistant Manager-G. Fox, Forest Mall, San Antonio, TX (1993-1994)
Operations Management-Hold profit and loss accountability; manage all aspects of day-to-day department performance of stores ranging from $500,000 to $2M in annual sales. Direct sales, inventory control, visual merchandising, housekeeping, security, administration and compliance to company policies/procedures. Managed 2 stores concurrently over 4-month period with highly successful sales results during busy Christmas season.
Staff Supervision & Training-Supervise teams of up to 13 fine-jewelry specialists. Experienced in personnel recruiting, selection, training, developing, scheduling and supervising associates. Motivate staff to achieve performance goals and ensure productive department operations. Customer Relations & Service-Develop and manage customer relations to maximize service satisfaction, promote goodwill and generate repeat/referral business that contributes to sales growth. Monitor and resolve any service issues.
- Increased Randolph store sales from $1.1M to $1.4M (27%) in 2000 and maintained .02% shrink-well below company average of 2.1%.
- Increased percent-to-store sales at Valley Mall from 2.8% to 5.2%, surpassing company average of 2.5%. Grew annual sales at Valley Mall from $.8M in 1995 to $1.1M (37%) in 1996, $1.4M (27%) in 1997, $1.7M (21%) in 1998 and $2M (18%) in 1999.
- Selected by Regional Manager to serve as Training Store Manager for the region; recognized for the ability to recruit quality candidates who have successfully advanced with the company.
- Earned Branch Manager of the Year and Branch of the Year awards in 2000 in the Southwest Region.
- Twice named Manager of the Year out of 50 stores in 1998 and 1996 in the Southwest Region.
- Winner of 3 sales performance awards in 2000: Goal Achievers, Best Increase in % to Store and Best Event Business. Christmas Contest winner in 1999, exceeding sales goal by 15%.
- Selected runner up for 3 awards in 2000: Best in Operations, Best Visual Department and Best Buyer Communication. Ranked #3 in Christmas Contest in 2000, exceeding sales goal by 21%.
B.A., Retail Management, Valhalla College, Dallas, TX
Completed various company-sponsored training courses in management, personnel recruiting, staff training and development, sales, customer service and related topics.