Marketing Assistant Resume
Because the person's degree was only a year old and she graduated from a top-ranking university, education appears before professional experience. Bold italic emphasizes industryrelated skills.
Sample Marketing Assistant Resume
Bachelor of Arts in Communications; Minor in Marketing
Relocated to New York after being accepted to position out of highly competitive applicant group from across U.S. Provide direct assistance to Advertising Director of prestigious men's magazine, gaining valuable hands-on experience. Day-to-day responsibilities vary and include the following:
- Prepare business proposals… Track competitive information... Run edit credits for various categories.
- Send out media kits to new clients, assemble presentations and manage contact card file. Collaborate with promotion department to organize databases for special events.
- Handle heavy phones, interacting directly with clients. Compose correspondence and memos, sort and distribute mail and manage complimentary subscription list.
- Track monthly expenses and coordinate travel arrangements.
- Organize weekly sales staff meetings and set up conference calls for outside offices.
MEDIA PRODUCTIONS, Hollywood, CA • Summer 2001
Assisted in coordinating makeup and wardrobe for commercial and infomercial productions.
- Collaborated on identifying wardrobe theme; coordinated wardrobe selections with set decoration.
TOP SPORTS PUBLICATIONS / FEELING GOOD MAGAZINE, Woodland Hills, CA • Summers 1998 to 2001
Assistant / Intern
Worked closely with Editor-in-Chief, Fashion Editor, Beauty Editor, Senior Editor and Associate Editor of teen publication. Prioritized and coordinated multiple assignments, including transcriptions, research and follow-up. Contributed story ideas that resulted in publication, including the following:
- Assisted Fashion Editor at photo shoots. Contacted leading manufacturers to obtain sample merchandise; organized clothing for shoots; assisted with overall styling.
- Directly assisted in transforming and writing 'Makeover" feature of magazine. Selected subjects; coordinated training with fitness instructors; arranged photo shoot; contributed to editorial staff meetings.
- Contributed ideas for retail accessories feature. Wrote captions, explaining new seasonal fashion trends.