Military Program Manager, Overhaul & Repair Resume
This high achiever wanted the quotation to be the first item the reader saw. The box in the upper-left corner of the first page accomplishes that goal. Airplane bullets are distinctive and topically relevant. Boldfacing effectively directs attention to the person's name, the section headings, the positions held, the major assignments, and a notable achievement. Indentation patterns help keep levels of information straight and ensure adequate white space.
Sample Military Program Manager, Overhaul & Repair Resume
- Achievement-oriented and accomplished operations professional with aerospace manufacturing, management, merger, and union experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation, and computer skills.
- Exceptional leadership, organizational, interpersonal, process-improvement, and problemsolving ability.
- Apex President's Award, 2003
- Senior Management Awards, 2002, 2001, 2000
APEX COMPANY, Chicago, IL 1996-Present
Major Aerospace and Defense Contractor
Military Program Manager Overhaul & Repair, 2001-Present
- Managed $2 million overhaul/repair of military aircraft components, reducing turn time from one year to 30 days.
- Coordinated with all business/operational disciplines to manage competing resources and demands to maximize customer satisfaction and production efficiencies.
- Worked with sales and marketing to develop strategies for new business, along with regular interface with customers, project team members.
- Negotiated and managed large, complex, multimillion-dollar contracts.
- Monitored financial performance to ensure earnings before interest and tax (EBIT) targets were met.
Operations Management Development Program, Management Investment Candidate, 1999-2001 One of four high-potential operations management candidates selected for two years of management training in various operations areas. Three of these assignments occurred during the merger with another company of equal size and ran an average of six months. Assignments included
Program Manager-Overhaul & Repair Facility Transition
- Transitioned $8 million commercial, military business to The Netherlands andWest Coast.
- Managed $1 million budget for construction of new materials crib and mezzanine to hold 9,000 parts, valued at $12 million; net result was on-time completion, 25% under budget, and no loss of business-to-business units.
- Union, non-union personnel utilized to move material without any issues.
- Used Microsoft Project to develop timeline to manage business transition, construction, suppliers, and material move.
Operations Management Development Program, Management Investment Candidate (cont'd) Program Manager-Manufacturing Operations Systems
- Planned and implemented Manufacturing Execution System (MES), a time and attendance, labor, and work-in-process (WIP) tracking system with minimal disruption to manufacturing operations.
- Led manufacturing operations through process of information technology improvements, with objective of one-process, one-system solutions to simplify and solve complex business issues.
Manufacturing Engineer-Assembly and Test Precision Controls & Accessories
- Implemented statistics process control (SPC) tracking analysis and process specification capabilities for PC&A assembly and test.
- Worked with cross-functional teams to identify root cause analysis.
- Developed, implemented corrective action plan that increased test yields on Jet Fuel Control from 25% to 100%.
Business Unit Manager-Propulsion Business Unit
- Managed Regional, Military Aircraft Blade and Composite lines of 100 hourly union associates, 3 production supervisors.
- Assumed day-to-day management functions covering production of 300 military, 500 regional blades; all associated composites; and plastic tooling department.
- Oversaw linear flow of production, overdue reduction, process improvements, continuous improvement, cost management/reductions, and management liaison to union safety team.
- Managed connector commodity in coordination with suppliers, using JDE and MRP systems, resulting in 95% success rate; this involved getting right parts at right time by using negotiating, buying, expediting, and problem-solving skills. Supervised and managed daily activities of contractors.
New York University Graduate College of Business, New York, NY
- MBA, with 3.85 GPA
University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- BBA, Management, Summa cum Laude
Chicago Community College, Chicago, IL
- Computer Programming Certificate