Nurse Midwife Resume
Resume writer's comments: "The strong and creatively formatted summary section quickly and clearly highlights this person's expertise as a Nurse-Midwife." The effect was accomplished through inverted-pyramid formatting of two groups of lines, center-aligning each line (with a hard return at the end of each line), and making each new line shorter than the preceding one. The section's appearance is distinctive and captures the reader's attention.
Sample Nurse Midwife Resume
"20 Years of Experience Dedicated to the Care of Women and Newborns"
Experienced Nurse-Midwife with licensure in NY, CT, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
15 years as Clinical Nurse in Labor and Delivery at Yale-New Haven Hospital.
5 years as Gynecological Teaching Associate at Yale School of Medicine.
Massage Therapist with training in pregnancy and infant massage.
Qualified to first-assist physicians with cesarean births.
Skilled in providing culturally competent care for ethnically diverse populations.
Maintain calm, reassuring demeanor in high-risk and trauma situations.
Proficient with, and appreciative of, varied styles of practice.
Value safe, positive, and respectful care for all women.
Conversant in Spanish.
Oncelet Healthcare Center, Troy, NY
- Deliver full scope of midwifery care in private office setting and in association with Samaritan Hospital.
- Provide in-hospital night-shift coverage: Offer triage and backup evaluation for community physicians, serve as technical resource for nursing staff, and provide breastfeeding assistance to new mothers.
- First-assist physicians with cesarean births.
Staff Midwife 2001-2002
Governor Juan Francisco Luis Hospital and Medical Center, Christiansted, St. Croix; U.S.V.I.
- Provided midwifery and nursing care of high-risk antepartum, intrapartum, and postpartum women from ethnically diverse populations, including women from surrounding islands.
- Documented and communicated to appropriate team members patient condition, treatment, progress, and other pertinent information relative to maternal/fetal/newborn status.
- Performed triage of pregnant women presenting through the emergency room.
Clinical Nurse, Labor and Birth 1986-2001
Childbirth Educator 1986-1996
Yale-New Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT
- Delivered expert nursing care to childbearing women from local communities referred for high-risk care at this university teaching hospital emphasizing evidence-based practice and customer satisfaction.
- Served as preceptor and mentor to nursing, midwifery, medical, and other allied-health students.
- Provided skilled nursing assistance in operating room and recovery room care of obstetric patients.
- Designed and implemented educational programs for pregnant women and their families.
- Guest lecturer for other educators on the benefits of massage for pregnancy, labor, and birth.
Lecturer/Gynecological Teaching Associates 1995-2001
Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT
Certified Licensed Massage Therapist (private practice) 1995-2001
Guilford Center for Alternative Healing, Guilford, CT
Labor and Delivery Nurse 1985-1986
St. Margaret's Hospital for Women, Dorchester, MA
Neonatal Intensive Care Nurse 1981-1983
Hartford Hospital, Hartford, CT
Master of Science in Nursing, Midwifery Program 2001
State University of New York at Stony Brook
Bachelor of Science in Nursing 1981
University of Connecticut at Storrs
Danbury Hospital Women's Center, Danbury CT (3/1999-9/1999)
Delivered well woman, antepartum, and postpartum care.
Loyola-Yale Schools of Nursing National Health Care Project, Corozol District, Belize (3/2000)
Provided preventative health care to high-risk women and children. Designed and delivered workshops to traditional birth attendants on pregnancy complications.
Northern Navajo Medical Center, Shiprock, NM (10/2000-12/2000)
Provided culturally competent nurse-midwifery care of Navajo women and their families during labor and birth.
Performed triage, antenatal testing, induction of labor, and treatment of women with pregnancy complications.
Yale-New Haven Hospital Women's Center, New Haven, CT (1999-2001)
Led group Prenatal Care sessions and provided guidance on comfort measures in pregnancy and labor.
Certified by the American College of Nurse-Midwives since 2001
RN and Midwifery licensure held in New York, Connecticut, and the U.S. Virgin Islands
Licensed Massage Therapist in New York and Connecticut
Certificate, New York Massage Therapist Program, Connecticut Center for Massage Therapy; Newington, CT
Certificate, Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) course, Quinnipiac University; Hamden, CT
Certificate (in progress), First Assist for Nurse-Midwives
Current in newborn resuscitation and CPR