Nurse Practitioner Resume
The writer wanted to highlight the breadth of the individual's experience in nursing in general and gerontology in particular. A pair of parallel lines with shading makes the centered section headings stand out. A combination of first-level diamond bullets and second-level round bullets ties together the two pages visually. Boldfacing calls attention to the person's years of experience, her degrees and certification, and her occupations.
Sample Nurse Practitioner Resume
- Qualified, recent board-certified Nurse Practitioner with more than 8 years of experience in direct patient care.
- Strong clinical skills enhanced by natural ability to build rapport with patients and families.
- Committed to practicing medicine using a holistic approach. Act as patient advocate as needed.
- Follow evidence-based guidelines blended with clinical experience, personal observation and intuition.
- Ensure quality of care and open lines of communication between all members of the health-care team.
- Extensive experience mentoring young nurses, providing assistance as resource person and motivator.
IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY • Ames, Iowa Master of Science in Nursing 2003
- Specialization: Gerontology
UNIVERSITY OF IOWA • Iowa City, Iowa Bachelor of Science in Nursing with Honors 1999
- Recognized by Department of Nursing for acting as Preceptor for young nurses
- Invited Member-Sigma Theta Tau, Pi Delta Chapter, Nursing Honor Society
- Honoree-12th Annual Minorities in Higher Education Awards Program (1999)
CENTRAL IOWA AREA COMMUNITY COLLEGE • Des Moines, Iowa
Associate in Applied Science with Honors-Registered Nursing 1994
Certificate of Achievement with Honors-Practical Nursing 1993
MERCY MEDICAL CENTER • Des Moines, Iowa 1994-Present
Staff Nurse-Medical/Surgical ICU (worked part-time while attending college full time)
- Provide comprehensive medical and emotional care to critically ill patients with varying diagnoses.
- Interact with patient families to provide support. Explain medical procedures and treatment, disease and death processes.
- Ensure two-way communication with physicians regarding patient status. Implement doctors' orders. Interpret test results. Collaborate with doctors in planning for patient care.
- Serve as patient advocate.
- Act as Charge Nurse on rotating basis, supervising 8-9 RNs and up to 15 patients.
- Serve on facility's Arrest Team.
DR. ROBERTO SANCHEZ, Gerontologist • Ames, Iowa 2001-2003
DR. WILLIAM SALIM, Gerontologist • Des Moines, Iowa 2002-2003
DR. KATHERINE SUTTER-JONES, Gerontologist • Ankeny, Iowa 2000-2001
- Performed patient examinations. Obtained medical histories. Assessed patient status.
- Collaborated with supervising physicians to make treatment recommendations. Ordered labs and other diagnostic tests.
- Delivered patient education on various topics ranging from disease prevention and health promotion to proper medication usage and nutrition.
- American Academy of Nurse-Practitioners
- National Conference of Gerontological Nurse-Practitioners
- Iowa Council of Nurse-Practitioners (attended 2004 annual conference)
- Named in Who's Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges (1998-1999 edition)