Office Manager Resume
The shaded box displaying core competencies is eye-catching and draws attention away from the individual's lack of formal education. The Career Profile and Relevant Experience sections offset the Other Experience section, which is silent about the dates of the person's earlier jobs. Bulleted accomplishments for these experiences, however, are signs of management potential. Note in the Relevant Experience section the underlined statements about achievement, service, and teamwork.
Sample Office Manager Resume
Management, Human Resources, and Insurance Disciplines
Dedicated, quality-focused professional offering strong qualifications in office administration, service delivery, personnel affairs, and insurance-related activities, including claims adjustment and customer service. Precise, detail-oriented worker with proven skill in managing large volumes of information and facilitating multiple tasks in deadline-driven environment. Sound judgment and decision-making skills. Recognized at every step of career path for positive attitude and work effort; maintain highest professional ethics and standards.
COUNTY EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, 1988-2000
X County FSA Office • Y County FSA Office
Z County FSA Office • A County FSA Office (trainee)
Amassed track record of results spanning more than 10 years of management in a government-funded agency supporting local farmers and producers. Scope of responsibility included program management, staffing and training, community and Board of Director meetings, loan administration, quality assurance, and regulatory compliance in deadlinedriven environment.
Continually monitored member and staff activities, identifying and analyzing key financial data and performance indicators, applying costbenefit analysis to decisions, and demonstrating strong understanding of organizational missions and capabilities.
Drove achievement of organizational goals
- Projected confidence and took decisive steps to achieve objectives.
- Kept efficiency levels high and produced consistently top results,
earning recognitions for exemplary performance:
- Finished regularly in top 10 among 100+ counties statewide in timely, on-target payment submissions.
- Earned consistent recognition from State of Missouri for efforts in establishing and maintaining excellent operations.
Provided excellent service to program recipients
- Wrote newsletters, press releases, and other informational materials to keep farmers/producers abreast of new developments.
- Implemented emergency procedures to aid program members during disaster/crisis events. Authorized loan extensions in special situations.
Motivated and contributed to enhanced team performance
- Trained and mentored staff through series of changes from manual to automated systems, engaging in one-on-one training to ease transition.
- Selected to train State of Missouri employees based on crop insurance and appraisal knowledge.
Federal Crop Insurance Corporation • St. Louis, MO
CONTRACT CLAIMS ADJUSTER/FIELD SUPERVISOR
Hired as field representative in charge of appraising crops and determining cause of loss on per-situation basis, earning promotion within two years to oversee all job assignments, recruit and train new employees, review insurance claims, and make final determinations on courses of action. Managed adjusting activities over multi-county territory and assigned losses to field staff. Addressed and resolved customer issues, including management of complex claims resolutions. Worked in tandem with Underwriting Department.
- Earned appointment as District Reviewer covering entire district area, with responsibility for employee reviews, random loss claims, and assistance with unusual/controversial claims.
- Built strong, sustainable relationships with farmers and producers by providing excellent service while protecting company interests and bottom line.
- Developed advanced abilities in analyzing and tracking claims results, pinpointing and correcting deficiencies, and delivering presentations to management regarding evaluations.
- Built loyal, top-performing staff through prudent hiring decisions and ongoing training initiatives.
Name of Company • St. Louis, MO
- Assessed program compliance and worked directly with customers to answer questions and solve small- and large-scale problems.
- Fulfilled various objectives in filing, mail/courier services, and general office duties.
Professional Development Coursework:
- Executive Director Management Training, Parts I and II
- Time Management/Stress Management
- EEO/Civil Rights Training
- Farm Loan Training
- Federal Crop Insurance
- Certified Appraiser-All Crops
- Instructor & Sales Training
MS Word and Windows, WordPerfect, proprietary applications, PC and mainframe computer systems
Will be gladly provided upon request