Office Manager Resume
The writer condenses extensive experience onto one page, using keywords, an Overview section representing many similar positions to avoid repetition, and a compact Work Chronology section.
Sample Office Manager Resume
Bringing 25+ Years of Office Administration and Full-charge Bookkeeping Experience as Follows:
Recognized throughout longstanding career for ability to develop, implement, and manage full-charge,
computerized bookkeeping functions while overseeing multifaceted office administration procedures
- As Office Manager for August Publications, fully manage company-wide accounting and reporting functions for five subsidiaries, as well as weekly payroll processes for 45 salaried employees.
- Liaison between senior management, employees, and clients to ensure proper lines of communication critical in addressing myriad problems and issues requiring immediate attention and resolve.
- Manage Accounts Payable/Receivable and expense-control procedures, including bank and account reconciliation, cash receipts, disbursements, finance charges, billings, invoicing, purchase order and inventory verification, chargebacks, rebates, and preparation of daily bank deposits.
- Negotiate and enforce collections to recover funds and expedite the clearance on delinquent accounts.
- Collaborate extensively with external auditors, providing in-depth assistance with periodic corporate audits.
- Perform thorough credit analyses, research financial histories, and review account status as a prerequisite to qualifying new accounts, authorizing purchases, and extending/increasing lines of credit of up to $200,000.
- Establish and maintain Human Resources-related employee files reflecting salary increases, deductions, garnishments, benefits, payroll exceptions, and W-2 withholdings, exercising a high level of confidentiality.
- Skilled at interviewing, hiring, training, and evaluating employees in areas of accounting procedures.
- Research account transactions, demonstrating a keen ability to recognize and resolve discrepancies.
- Follow through on timely and accurate month-end closings and financial reporting activities.
|Office Manager,||August Publications, Hauppauge, NY||1996-present|
|Office Manager,||Quality Insurance, Huntington, NY||1986-1996|
|Office Manager,||DSG Management Corp., Melville, NY||1983-1985|
|Controller's Assistant,||Georgia Interiors, Farmingdale, NY||1979-1983|
|Credit/Collections Supervisor,||EastTel Sales Corp., New York, NY||1978-1979|
|Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk,||Syobel Corp., New York, NY||1973-1978|
Windows 2000; MS Word and Excel; WordPerfect; Lotus; Peachtree Accounting
Bachelor of Arts, Business Management/Accounting, Banes College, 1982