Peer Education Teacher Resume
The applicant, a counselor, was relocating to another part of the country and was seeking a position as a psychology teacher. The writer directs immediate attention to the individual's formal education in psychology. The modified page border (not a full page) is attractive on both pages and unifies them visually. Shading in the left column on each page directs attention to Areas of Expertise on page one and to the Education and Computer Skills sections on page two.
Sample Peer Education Teacher Resume
Making a Difference in the Lives of School Children
Dedicated educator seeking position as Psychology Teacher. 10+ years' related experience includes positions as high school counselor and teacher, substitute and volunteer teacher, and private tutor. Particularly adept at curriculum planning and program development. Task oriented. Solid organization and time-management skills.
Junior High Counselor/ 4/2000-Present
Peer Education Teacher
Pacific Rim Institute-Honolulu, HI
Accredited K-12 private institution for girls. Total enrollment 2,500.
Assist 375 students with transition to high school. Provide personal and social counseling in areas of academic progress, career awareness, peer conflict, and other adolescent challenges. Train peer counselors.
- Developed peer education and counseling program from scratch within 1 year. Teach entire curriculum. Foster sense of community awareness by incorporating service-learning program with Young Students Club of Honolulu. Program currently has active student peer counselors.
- Revised faculty grade-check procedures, including comprehensive follow-up system. Resulted in improved communication among faculty, students, and parents.
- Rewrote counseling procedures to conform to national standards of ASCA, ACA, and APA.
Substitute Teacher 1999/2000 school year
Island Substitute Services-Honolulu, HI
Functioned as "on-call" substitute. Reported to various private schools on island of Oahu. Assignments varied from 1 day to 3 weeks. Class sizes of 20 to 30.
- Consistently followed teachers' curriculum requests. Accepted all assignments offered. Earned reputation for reliability.
- Acquired valuable teaching experience through assignments in various school settings.
Tutor 1997/98 school year
Worked one-on-one with home-schooled or struggling students (1st through 9th grades). Kept student records. Wrote progress reports for in-house and parent use.
- Developed strong time-management skills. Required to cover large amounts of material in limited time.
- Obtained functional one-to-one communication skills through contact with children of various ages.
Volunteer Teacher 1992-1996
California Unified School District-Vista, CA
Taught basic Spanish to 2nd- and 5th-graders. Wrote weekly newsletter for 2nd-grade class and organized all activities. Also volunteered as ESL instructor until full-time teacher was hired. Class sizes of up to 27.
• Previous experience as flight attendant with major airline.
|Career Assistance Training||2002|
|State Counselor Association Conference||2001|
|Psychobiology of Mental Control||2000|
|Statewide Conference on Conflict Management||2000|
|Counselor Education, Hawaii University||1997|
|National Student Assistance Program||1996|
|Hawaiian Private School Professional Academic Certificate||2000|
|Hawaii Department of Health Substance Abuse Prevention Partner||2000|
|Student Assistance Training Certification||1999|
American Psychological Association
American School Counselor Association
Hawaii School Counselor Association
American Counseling Association