Personal Trainer Resume
A variety of formats helps break up much information into clusters. A profile appears as two block paragraphs (that is, without first-line indentation), followed by a bulleted, two-column list of Core Competencies. Two more block paragraphs are followed by a bulleted list of Selected Achievements. That style (with only one block paragraph) is repeated. The rest of the information is center-aligned in the Education & Affiliations section, making the ending different. Click here for an example of a fitness instructor resume.
Sample Personal Trainer Resume
Personal Training / Nutrition / Physics of Exercise / Physical Training Programs
Highly motivated and knowledgeable personal trainer with 10 years of experience in designing and monitoring exercise programs based on client needs, goals, abilities, and anatomy. Demonstrated ability to apply useful, tactful, and safe advice to individuals regarding their fitness program and related equipment.
Strong understanding of functions and vital processes of the human body. Energetic and motivating, always encouraging clients to reach maximum performance. Utilize solid communication and interpersonal skills when interfacing with clients on their progress and problems. Able to administer client health history questionnaires and interpret physical assessment data. Knowledgeable about setting up, calibrating, demonstrating, and maintaining sophisticated exercise equipment. Certified to train professional Personal Trainers and clients.
|Exercise & Aerobics Programs
Client Education & Motivation
Health & Wellness
Marketing & Advertising
|Fitness Program Development
Individual Assessment & Planning
Equipment Maintenance & Calibration
Research, Analysis & Problem Solving
Business Management & Administration
Work in conjunction with a business partner to develop and implement quality in-home personal fitness training programs for individuals, conducting more than 3,000 sessions per year, with six-figure gross revenue. Engage in continuous research and implement best practices and use of information to customize client workouts. Assess fitness levels and help clients implement a fitness regimen to safely achieve their personal goals. Educate clients on the importance of establishing realistic goals that promote lifelong adherence to a health and physical program. Solicit feedback from clients on their fitness routine, performance, and achievements.
Carry out business administration functions including accounting, marketing and advertising, research and development, customer service, and training. Write and execute business and marketing strategies. Communicate with business partner, vendors, and external resources.
- Increased profits by 20% to 25% year-over-year.
- Created innovative programs and incentives to motivate clients to adhere to fitness programs and maintain accurate records.
- Instituted strong business practices, ethics, and marketing strategies to maintain longevity in the industry and gain recognition as the #1 in-home fitness training company in Mercer County.
- Formulated fitness plans for individuals with physical and medical disabilities including high blood pressure, diabetes, neuropathy, arthritis, fibromyalgia, cerebral palsy, herniated disks, and joint limitation from injuries.
- Taught intense two-day workshops on all aspects of starting and managing a personal training business, which encompassed clinical, biological kinesthetic, and scientific areas of personal training.
FRONT-END MANAGER (1989-1995)
Advanced through a series of promotions ranging from entry level to management for a supermarket with a strong presence in the Northeast. Oversaw front-end operations and supervised up to 20 cashiers and baggers. Key responsibilities included ensuring outstanding and quality customer service, preparing and making bank deposits, operating computer systems, opening and closing store, cashing checks, resolving problems, and scheduling.
- Identified and implemented enhanced systems to add and track daily receipts to foster efficiency and accuracy of record keeping.
- Initiated procedures to streamline operations, human resources, and supervision.
- Put into place security measures to detect fraudulent employee activity, effectively reducing shrinkage.
City Oklahoma Resistance University, Oklahoma City, OK (2005)
Virginia Resistance University, Arlington, VA (2004)
Certified Resistance Training Specialist
Cooper Institute for Aerobic Research (2003)
Biomechanics of Strength Trailing Specialist
Advanced Physical Fitness Specialist
National Council of Certified Professional Trainers (NCCPT)
Train the Trainer Courses
Certified Self-Defense Instructor-Martial Arts (2001)
Member, Mercer County Chamber of Commerce
Member, Princeton Chamber of Commerce
Member, IDEA Fitness