Pre-Kindergarten Teacher Resume
Various horizontal lines make the different sections of this resume visible at a glance. The reader therefore can gain a quick overview of the resume's design. Centered headings further enable the reader to skim down the center of each page and assess quickly the direction and scope of the resume's content. More than half of the first page indicates the applicant's impressive experience and skills. Bold and italic side headings call attention to selected achievements and accomplishments.
Sample Pre-Kindergarten Teacher Resume
Classroom Teacher ~ Teacher Mentor ~ Literary Teacher
Gifted teacher with 13 years of knowledge and experience teaching pre-K and early childhood education in multicultural classroom settings. Stellar reputation for developing and implementing classroom management and lesson plans promoting individuality, student growth, and positive reinforcement. Served as teacher-mentor and professional supervisor. Enjoyed sharing creative endeavors with colleagues and working as part of an educational and community team for children in the district. Detailed professional possessing compassion, enthusiasm, excellent listening and communication skills, a love of children, and a sense of humor and delight in students' day-to-day activities. Committed to professional ethics and standards of practice.
|Classroom Instruction||Artistic Expression||Supervision|
|Parenting Skills||Family Involvement||Literacy in the Classroom|
|Classroom Management||Public & Community Relations||Team Building & Leadership|
|Setting & Implementing Goals||Organization||Research|
|Administrative Management||Grant Writing||Problem Solving|
|New Jersey Core Curriculum||Educational Standards & Expectations|
|Whole-Language Approach||Success for All Curricula|
|Journey into Math Computer Curriculum||Curriculum Enrichment|
|Individualized Instruction||Looping Program|
|ELAS Assessment||Standardized Testing|
TEACHER, PRE-KINDERGARTEN, 2002 to Present
TEDDY BEAR PRESCHOOL CENTER, EDUCATION EARLY CHILDHOOD CONSORTIUM,
METUCHEN BOARD OF EDUCATION-Metuchen, NJ
Teach in a special program implemented in Metuchen, helping children explore interests, develop talents and independence, build self-esteem, and learn how to function with others in a child-centered environment. Implement curriculum designed to stimulate children's physical, emotional, intellectual, and social growth. Assess children to evaluate their progress and discuss with parents their involvement in the educational and developmental process. Work with ELAS Assessment Tool.
- Chosen to participate in both the standard and pilot Looping Program as the result of extensive teaching experience.
- Currently undergoing training in Positive Behavior Support (PBS) Program, a process that gives teachers and families a way to understand and address persistent challenging behaviors by focusing on purpose of behavior and using positive strategies.
- Selected to attend monthly workshops and facilitate a workshop on "Transitions in the Classroom."
- Consistently receive positive written and verbal feedback from parents regarding classroom teaching and mentoring methodology and its success with students' learning experience.
GREEN PINES CHILD CENTER-Monroe, NJ
Planned and implemented curriculum geared toward toddlers to academically prepare them for kindergarten and provide opportunity for development of socialization skills. Utilized a broad range of instructional techniques. Supervised group teachers and teacher's assistants.
- Promoted two levels from Teacher's Assistant following Head Teacher's departure in 2000.
- Exemplified innate ability to understand and motivate children in a learning environment.
THE SPOTSWOOD PRE-SCHOOL-Spotswood, NJ
Developed and executed lesson plans featuring age-appropriate activities geared toward stimulating the interests of children. Cultivated a warm, supportive environment for developing emotional and social growth. Provided guidance and feedback to working parents.
- Played a key role in conjunction with Kindergarten Teacher to create preschool literacy program.
- Performed effectively as both an autonomous, self-motivated individual and active, contributing team member.
SUMMER SCHOOL TEACHER FOR FIRST GRADE AND KINDERGARTEN, 1990 to 1994
NEW YORK CITY BOARD OF EDUCATION PUBLIC SCHOOL 208-New York, NY
Taught SuperStart Program based on the Head Start model. Collaborated with family worker, social worker, teacher mentor, and paraprofessional to meet the individual needs of students and their families. Reported to Principal.
BROOKLYN COLLEGE-Brooklyn, NY
Master of Science in Early Childhood Education (1991); Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (1988)
New Jersey Elementary Education License (including preschool); Early Childhood Education License, New York
National Association for the Education of the Young (NAEY)
Working knowledge of Spanish and Italian
Abbott Preschool Incentive Award; Impact II Adaptor Grant
Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Internet research, e-mail
~ Excellent references provided upon request ~