President Health Software Company Resume
This candidate was only a few years out of school with an MBA but had tremendous achievements in two key areas of expertise. The writer highlighted these up front in the Profile. In the Professional Experience section, italic calls attention to the activities related to each position held. Bullets point to main achievements. The "Major projects" subheading is effective because it implies that the ones listed are only a selection of many project achievements. Not long ago she was "just" a college graduate!
Sample President Health Software Company Resume
Start-up, Turnaround, and High-Growth Ventures
Winner-National ABC / IVY MBA Business Plan Competition 2003
Winner-Meta Corp Venture Capital Fast Pitch Competition 2002 (Austin, Texas)
Represented Canada at World Venture Capital Competition 2002 (Austin, Texas)
Innovative and results-driven professional combining award-winning business development and consulting expertise with
career experience in healthcare, life sciences, and biotech industries. Full range of hands-on managerial and business experience, including strategy, financing, operations, sales, and marketing. Expert at problem solving and decision making- able to compress large issues into manageable solutions. Outstanding communication, negotiation, and public-speaking skills.
Expert in all MS Office applications and corporate pro forma models.
|Management Consulting Expertise||BioTech / Life Sciences Expertise|
|Business Plan Development||Start-up Management Consulting|
|Strategic Planning & Development||Technology Transfer Skills|
|Venture Capital / Debt & Equity Financing||Medical Industry Experience|
|Project Management||Registered Physiotherapist|
AlzheimerGuide Inc., Augusta, Nova Scotia 2001-Present
Co-founded Internet-based company providing interactive health-management software for patients and caregivers dealing with Alzheimer's disease worldwide (www.alzheimerguide.com). Responsible for all business planning, financing negotiations, strategic partnerships, internal accounting, and overall software production management.
- Negotiated all strategic relationships with pharmaceutical companies throughout North America-closed critical licensing deal for educational materials with major Canadian pharmaceutical company.
- Leveraged comprehensive medical knowledge to effectively translate and communicate business vision to medical community.
- Successfully led business to best-to-date revenue gains following complete redesign of business model and strategy.
MegaTel Consulting, Pinehurst, Nova Scotia 2001-Present
Provided consulting services for start-up and early-stage companies operating in the healthcare/life science and biotech fields.
- Developed business plan, R&D schedules, financing, negotiations, and cooperative research agreements between pharmaceutical companies and a new biotech spinoff company from Houseman University. Acquired financing from Atlantic Opportunities Agency and House-Tek (Technology Transfer Arm of Houseman University), and mentored principal scientists and managers in development of achievable operational goals.
- Created vision and developed business plan proposal for e-health incubator (E-Home Initiative) at Houseman University- joint project among the Deans of Medicine, Architecture, and Computer Science.
- Provided management consulting expertise with House-Tek. Facilitated initial stages of licensing agreement between researchers and international pharmaceutical companies interested in the field of dementia pharmaceutical compounds.
MegaTel Consulting :
- Completed comprehensive assessment and feasibility study for new service delivery (The Centre for Health Care for the Elderly, QEII Health Science Centre).
- Redesigned business plan in anticipation of North American product relaunch for firm specializing in health education (Auguste Productions).
- Provided business planning and consultative expertise for commercialization of innovative wireless technology applied to e-health and home / institutional-based healthcare (Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency).
- Prepared funding plan, operating costs, and budgets for Geriatric Medicine Research Unit in preparation for submission to the Canadian Foundation for Innovation.
SciTel Wireless Inc., Augusta, Nova Scotia 2000-2001
Hired as business consultant and promoted to lead start-up company providing wireless applications for health-related products and services (e.g., data management and gathering for clinical trials in pharmaceuticals).
- Developed entire corporate structure and coordinated all initial business-development activities, including business planning, financing, and development of R&D plans.
Previous experience includes
Registered Physiotherapist, PhysioWorld, Augusta, Nova Scotia 1996-1999
Cardio-Respiratory Physiotherapist, Health Science Institute, Augusta, Nova Scotia 1996
M.B.A.-Finance, Strategy, Entrepreneurship, Houseman University, Augusta, Nova Scotia May 2000
B.Sc.-Physical Therapy, King's University, Queenston, Ontario 1996
- MBA Entrance Scholarship, Houseman University 1998
- King's University Appeal Bursary (outstanding academic achievement) 1994-95
- King's Anniversary Scholarship 1992
Volunteer-Foundation for Children 1999-Present
Volunteer Physiotherapist-International, National, and Provincial sporting events 1995-Present
Coordinator-Houseman University Varsity Therapy Program 1997-1998
Judge-Houseman University MBA Case Competition April 2001
Keynote Speaker-Atlantic Conference on Entrepreneurship, Houseman University 2000
Speaker-Technology Round Table, Augusta Club 2000
Board Member-Alzheimer's Society Board for Continuing Medical Education 2000-Present
Board Member / Advisor-E-Home Committee at Houseman University 2000-Present
One of five MBA graduates profiled in Canadian Business Review.
Additionally featured in the following publications: Silicon Valley North, Chronicle Herald, Daily News.