Project Manager Resume
The person had a progressive employment history in a specialized field. She had been with the same company for several years, so the writer broke the employment section into bulleted paragraphs and included specific projects to attract the reader. A pair of thick-thin horizontal lines encloses a profile, a summary of responsibilities, and a multicolumn list of technical proficiencies. Brief descriptions of each workplace, plus a membership note at the end, appear in italic.
Sample Project Manager Resume
Implementation Consultant • Quality Customer Service & High-Level Retention Account Executive • Corporate Start-Ups • Procedural Development Corporate & Government Contracts • Skilled Negotiator • Strategic Planner Sales Process/Full Life Cycle • Market/Competitor Research • Selling Models Implementation Cycle • Product Solutions • Project Management • Payroll
Solid career history in HRIS operations, including start-ups, reviewing and determining software solutions to payroll and HR issues, training, and project management. Keen eye for analyzing problems and determining viable solutions. Effectively manage the implementation cycle. Expertly control high-level client problem resolution. Develop and implement quality, "customer service first" environments, attaining significant levels of customer retention. Computersavvy. Maintain extensive databases.
|Web-Based Recruiting Tools||HRIS||LANs/WANs||Excel||Word|
|Internet & Research||Web-Based HR/PR||Pivotal||Networks||Visio|
|Database Management||Tools||MS Office||PowerPoint||SQL Reporting|
|Client/Server Technology||Project Office|
Adrian Employer Services, Tustin, CA 1998-Present
Adrian is a payroll and HR solutions outsourcing company.
Project Manager (since August 2003)
- Implement and manage multiple projects integrated as a whole. Ensure consistent and integrated implementation of service initiatives across customer segments and business units. Deliver the total business solution on time and within budget.
- Collaborate with senior management, functional managers, and project managers to plan business and technology initiatives and budgets. Use formal and informal networks to accomplish program objectives. Identify and resolve project issues and manage project risk.
- Establish and manage cost, schedules, and performance of large, highly complex projects. Fully accountable for complex/diverse projects with a high degree of business risk.
- Managed a multi-product web-based implementation worth $300,000. Successfully moved a 2,000-employee global client from Windows-based PR/HR software to a web-based HR/Payroll package. Supervised a team of 10. Completed the project on time and under budget.
- Very carefully managed a sensitive issue and hostile client with an outstanding balance over $500,000. Directed a team of eight to troubleshoot complex issues, retain the business, and collect the balance due.
- Recently assigned to $300,000 employee self-serve assignment with a two-year scope.
System Consultant (3 years)
- Generated leads and secured new HRIS clients. Created and delivered proposals and demonstrations to key management personnel (user, technical user, buyer, and decision-makers) meeting customer-specific requirements. Maintained a $6.1M quota annually. Proposed product solutions and applications working with IT directors for system requirements and functionality. Wrote RFPs for the sales team and clients.
- Effectively tailored responses and proposals using strategic and conceptual selling models to best position firm in the marketplace. Managed large and complex accounts (clients average 500 to 5,000 personnel).
- Created, tailored, and conducted product demonstrations, reinforcing solutions, and selling points, including Source Time and Attendance, Tax, Print Services, Travel and Expense software sales, software product demonstrations addressing feasibility of solutions, and implementation planning. Built technical credibility with prospects to turn sales to implementation cycle.
- Reviewed current technology trends and educated field staff in cutting-edge advances in Payroll & HR, Time & Attendance, recruiting, employee self-service, and benefit outsourcing during national product training for new hires as a product expert.
Account Executive/Project Management (9 months)
- Selected at the regional level to sit on a special project team to study customer retention with the intent to proactively manage and develop profitable, long-term customers.
- Met with clients to ensure complete customer satisfaction. Reviewed and recommended solutions to HRIS problems and suggested specific software. Managed conflict resolution.
- Developed an account strategy within each customer to establish trends and opportunities to capitalize on retaining and growing the customer base.
- Coordinated customer training. Conducted on-site customer visits. Negotiated long-term agreements.
- Managed the resolution of Accounts Receivable issues.
Implementation Consultant (1.5 years)
- Analyzed customers' payroll needs and provided recommendations for streamlining payroll processes and determining appropriate implementation strategy. Created and managed the overall detailed implementation project plan. Moved customers' payroll data to the company's Source 500 software. Negotiated contracts up to $2M.
- Trained customers on the Source 500 software. Provided quality ongoing customer support, ensuring the successful implementation of payroll, human resources, and tax filing accounts as measured by the customer startup satisfaction results.
Mountain Top Health Services, Orange, CA 1994-1998
MT held the government contract for the joint services military HMO (TriCare) program, housing multiple large databases with hundreds of thousands of files and records.
- Developed and implemented start-up plans/operations for the employing and operation of a call center with 500 employees. Implemented the database software and controlled large databases.
- Hired and trained 40 direct reports, set up a department, and staffed a call center with an additional 500 personnel. Determined all staffing requirements, providing timely hiring and training. Built provider networks, which booked appointments nationwide.
- Identified statistical data, providing accurate forecasting and trend identification. Conducted audits. Conformed to all government regulations. Tracked attendance, payroll, and performance ratings.
- Master of Arts in Organizational Management, University of California, Fullerton, 2004 (GPA: 3.98)
- Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies with Concentration in Human Resources Management, University of Arizona, 1994 Human Resources Intern, 01/93-06/94 and Blue Cross & Blue Shield of the National Capital Area, Washington DC, 2001-2002