Making explicit four areas of interest-city, state, federal, and private-directly below the Law Enforcement heading reduced the risk that this new graduate would be limited to just one area of interest in his job search.
Sample Receptionist Resume
- Highly motivated, energetic law enforcement student with strong work ethic and professional goals.
- Bring five years of experience in office support and retail sales positions while attending college full time.
- Bilingual with an articulate fluency in English and Spanish; personable, easygoing communication style.
- Meet challenges head on; work well in stressful situations and in a fast-paced setting.
- Analytical with a lot of common sense, intuitive instincts, and ability to think outside of the box.
- Maintain excellent research, organization, time-management, and problem-assessment/resolution skills.
Bachelor of Arts, Forensic Psychology-expected August 2004
John Jay College of Criminal Justice, New York, NY
Honors Candidate: Psi Chi Chapter National Honor Society in Psychology
Academically trained in criminalistics and psychology:
Select Courses: Analysis of Criminal Behavior, Concepts of Forensic Science, Abnormal Psychology,
Physical Fitness in Law Enforcement, Criminal Law, Group Dynamics
Select Projects: Crime Scene Observation, Forensic Study of Microscopic Fibers, Fingerprint Analysis
Receptionist, Volvoville, Massapequa, NY 4/98-Present
Payroll Clerk, People's Alliance Federal Credit Union, Hauppauge, NY 4/00-7/00
Sales Associate, Annie Sez, East Northport, NY 2/98-6/98
Senior Sales Associate, Rainbow Shops, Commack/Bay Shore, NY 9/97-2/98
- Provide front-desk representation, clerical support, and customer service for Volvo and subsidiary, Land-Rover, directing customer traffic with a proven ability to maintain open lines of communication.
- Managed more than 50 business payroll accounts utilizing cross-trained experience in teller and payroll services.
- Prepared and uploaded weekly exempt/non-exempt payroll data into network system for clients to download.
- Completed mandatory training that included a film study on a mock robbery to learn observation techniques.
- Held increasingly responsible sales positions, achieving recognition for over-quota floor sales and cashier management skills, and manager-requests to return during school breaks based on performance and reliability.
- Provided excellence in customer service while assisting in all areas of inventory and display merchandising.
InfoTrak Health, Sociological Abstracts, Internet research