Research Associate Resume
Including information about school-related projects is a way to offset a recent graduate's relative lack of work experience. See, for example, the Project Highlights in the Education section.
Sample Research Associate Resume
- Focused, analytical professional with strong engineering educational background complemented by work experience involving field research and evaluation projects.
- Able to balance creative thinking with logical design ideas; enjoy opportunities to develop solutions that address challenging environmental problems.
- Work effectively in both self-managed and team-based projects; maintain high ethical and quality standards, professional demeanor, and cooperative attitude.
- Use hands-on, detail-oriented approach in completing projects and assignments.
Knowledge & Skill Areas:
Field Research •Report Writing •Experimental Design & Methods •Project Planning
Quality Assurance Standards •Research & Development •Environmental Hazards
Systems Analysis •Regulatory & Safety Compliance •Engineering Documentation
Environmental Sample Analysis •Risk Assessment •Client/Customer Communications
Masters of Environmental Engineering, 2002 / GPA: 3.75
Bachelors of Environmental Engineering, 2000 / GPA: 3.30
University, Houston, TX
Selected Upper-Level Coursework:
|Design of Air Pollution Systems
Solid & Hazardous Waste Treatment
Environmental Impact Analysis
Environmental Systems Design
|Design of Wastewater Treatment Plants
Groundwater Contaminant Transport
Geoethnical Practices for Waste Disposal
Environmental Law & Policies
- "Best Bench Scale Demonstration Award"-Worked with group of 6 students to plan, develop, and present winning bench scale model (addressing water quality issues) at 2 Design Competitions, 1999 & 2000, at the Waste Energy Research Consortium.
- "Design of Wastewater Treatment Plants"-Played key role in design project for treatment plant based on quality assurance and regulatory compliance factors. Delivered well-received presentation to Masters-level class upon completion.
- "Environmental Impact Statement"-Developed proposal-oriented report detailing most effective, environmentally sound strategies for controlling brushes within region.
Research Associate, 2002-Present
Research Assistant & Laboratory Technician, 1998-2001
Research Assistant, Summer 2001 (Texas National Environmental & Engineering Lab)
University, Houston, TX (1998-Present)
Conduct research, sample collection and analysis, experimental design, and explosives evaluations using high-performance liquid chromatography, and perform other related activities in positions involving field studies and frequent travel to various counties within East Texas region. Report directly to Laboratory Manager; additionally responsible for daily maintenance of weather stations.
- Bioremediation of Explosives in Vadose Zone-Conduct explosives contamination studies and evaluations for government agency Pantex to recommend strategies for remediation projects with highest potential for success.
- Overall Work Performance-Put forth consistent effort in meeting and exceeding job requirements; worked overtime hours and maintained full-time class schedule throughout employment. Recognized for intelligent, thorough work habits.
Society of Environmental Professionals-Member, 3 years; Secretary, 1 year
Civil Engineering Honor Society-Chi Epsilon