Sales Development Manager/ Sales Director Resume
A resume that's different from all the others gets attention. Hiring officials want to know what a new employee can do for the company. This resume is distinctive in indicating immediately what the sales applicant can bring to "TopLine." Uncommon bullets point to six boldfaced sales results of top importance to executives responsible for sales: getting and keeping new markets, beating competitors, anticipating customer needs, staying profitable, closing sales, and controlling risk.
Sample Sales Development Manager/ Sales Director Resume
WHAT I CAN OFFER TOPLINE AS YOUR NEWEST SALES PROFESSIONAL
- Penetrating and holding new markets,
- Gathering and leveraging sales intelligence faster than our competition,
- Mastering our customers' business so well we anticipate their needs,
- Putting together "win-win" sales deals that yield enduring profits,
- Communicating so powerfully that sales are closed-at every level from shop floor to boardroom, and
- Managing risk prudently.
RECENT WORK HISTORY WITH EXAMPLES OF PROBLEMS SOLVED
- Hired away by the CEO to be Sales Development Manager and then promoted over four
more experienced eligibles to be Sales Director, Arista Corporation, Montgomery,
Alabama Oct 04 to Present
Arista is the world's largest auto transmission manufacturer.
Supervise three regional sales managers directly. Lead a territory that covers all of America east of the Mississippi River and portions of Canada. Build and defend a travel budget of $400K. My district generates $45M in annual sales.
Chosen by the President to guide us into a new market dominated by four tough competitors. Found, and really listened to, all potential customers. Identified our market niche. Then made the calls that led to 20 presentations nationwide, many at presidential levels. Payoffs: From $0 sales to $3.5M in sales in just 16 months.
Moved faster than our competition to discover an RFP before it hit the street. When none of our products met this customer's needs, put together a win-win deal that shared both risks and profits. Payoffs: When I showed our customer's CEO how I could save him $2M over the life of the contract, I won a $4M contract for us.
Used polite persistence to "steal" a customer from a competitor who had served them for a decade. Soon uncovered our competitor's weakness. Carefully timed and executed "cold calls" on the right people. Payoffs: By appealing right to their specific needs, brought in $8M in the last two years alone.
Saw opportunity a potential customer missed-even after he awarded his contract to another company. Tracked our competitor's performance right up until contract renewal. Payoffs: My presentation, made on the same day as other firms, carried the sale: $4M over several years-even though we weren't the lowest bidder.
Uncovered an unmet need in a major market. Worked with the customer and a manufacturer to design a new product. Persuaded our leadership to invest $200K in the prototype I knew we would need for the competition. Payoffs: Won a $14M sale and took away our competitor's dominance in this market.
Picked up the signs that a competitor's customer wasn't happy, and then found out why. Got a 100-percent response to our needs-analysis survey to define the best new product for the market. Payoffs: Profit margin up four percent-double the industry average. My methods became the corporate standard for customer analysis.
- Plant Manager, Plantar Corporation, Montgomery, Alabama May 98 to Sep 04
- Sales Manager for Business Products, Mylar Corporation, Montgomery, Alabama Mar 96 to May 98
- MPA, Auburn University-Montgomery, Montgomery, Alabama 00
- BS, Troy State University, Troy, Alabama 96 Earned this degree working 10 hours a week.
- Instructed classes in Value Analysis for Product Improvement and Cost of Sales 96 to 98
Selected from five more experienced professionals to teach these six-week courses, preparing 100 sales professionals to represent up to ten different products.
- Expert in proprietary sales, billing, and customer contact software suite;
proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet search methods