Senior Engineer Resume
The Professional Achievements section displays the value of clustering a long list of achievements into groups with separate side headings. Without the side headings, the task of comprehending the many achievements would be immense. With each group of achievements under a side heading, the reader can fathom a shorter list and focus on a group of particular interest. Clustering is a useful strategy to use in any resume section with a long list.
Sample Senior Engineer Resume
Industrial ~ Government ~ Military
Results-driven and well-organized Technical Professional who combines hands-on experience with a solid educational background in applied physics and engineering. Strong skills in planning, implementing, upgrading, and maintaining high-tech semiconductor equipment.
Reputation for solving problems with creativity and out-of-the-box solutions.
Extensive knowledge of applications, integration, hardware, and quality testing. Excellent team building, communication, and interpersonal skills. Provide outstanding customer service in high-pressure situations to advance the public's health, safety, security, and welfare.
Testing & Evaluation
New Hardware Startup
Secret Security Clearance
Computer Systems Expertise
Testing, Evaluation, Data Reduction, and Analysis
- Testing and evaluation of high-tech security-related explosive- and weapons-detection equipment, aircraft load impact on concrete runway structures, and anti-tank guided missile countermeasures.
- Generated project plans, test plans, and procedures applying multidisciplinary approaches.
- Performed literature search and consulted with area experts to assess technology and determine best approach.
- Developed methods unique to analysis being performed in coordination with organization and outside vendors.
- Data collection, reduction, statistical analysis; interpreting results to determine integrity, validity, significance, and formulated conclusions.
- Provided recommendations based on final test data analysis and actual results.
- Identified new methods or approaches based on technology assessments and results interpretations.
- Prepared project final reports and classified reports.
Project Supervision, Management, and Task Leadership
- Managed and supervised day-to-day test conduct and coordinated test activities.
- Prepared test/program assessment reports.
- Developed work breakdown structures and tracked project activities.
- Coordinated production activities and requirements.
- Trained and lectured students on advanced characterization of materials at the graduate level.
- Trained students in laboratory techniques and safety practices and policy.
- Engineering design and fabrication of highly complex scientific laboratory hardware and equipment.
- Developed an innovative scheme for scanning and digital processing transmission of electron microscopy images of superlatice interfaces.
- Simulation studies of solar wind erosion contributions to atmospheric constituents.
- Supervised and maintained high-energy particle beam/materials interactions, modification and analysis laboratory.
- Experience with ultra-high vacuum and cryogenic technologies, mass spectroscopy, and nondestructive organic and inorganic materials analysis and detection techniques such as Rutherford backscattering spectrometry, particle-induced X-ray and gamma ray emission, forward recoil detection, and secondary ion mass spectrometry.
- Computer programming in Visual Basic, Pascal, BASIC, and FORTRAN. Familiar with UNIX and C code and algorithms. PC repair and upgrading. PCI-controlled data acquisition and instrumentation. ISDN connectivity setup.
- Proficient with software packages such as Microsoft Office suite (Word, Project, PowerPoint, Excel), Visual Basic macro development, WordPerfect, EMACS, AutoCAD, Visio, Pinnacle Video, and Photoshop.
- Introductory use and understanding of LabVIEW and Matlab capabilities.
- Computer hardware and instrumentation for high-speed data collection.
Self-Employed 2001 to present
Technical and legal research and writing, training, and general services.
JHGC Sensor Technology Specialists, Fort Monmouth Army Labs 2/2001 to 9/2001
U.S. Army CECOM RDEC Intelligence and Information
Warfare Directorate Seeker Effects Laboratory
TRF, Inc. & Orion Scientific Corp., FAA William J. Hughes Technical Center 6/1996 to 6/2000
Senior Engineer/Test Engineer/Systems Engineer
Aviation Security and Airport Technology Research and Development Divisions
Contractor 1/1989 to 5/1996
Traxx Technologies, Crier Metals, Ocean Specialty Gasses, NJIT
Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 9/1986 to 9/1988
Accelerator Research and Development Lab
Bell Laboratories, Holmdel, NJ 5/1980 to 9/1986
Senior Technical Associate
Radiation Physics Research Lab, Materials, Modification, and Central Diagnostics/Analysis Lab
Pennsylvania State University
Graduate Research Assistant, Applied Physics/Metallurgy
Research Assistant in field ion microscopy study of hydrogen embrittlement of Fe-Ti alloys. Teaching assistant in electronics/electromagnetic theory/laboratory techniques.
Pennsylvania State University
Advanced studies in nuclear magnetic resonance techniques.
|AT&T Bell Laboratories||Computer science, UNIX, C, MicroProcessor Primer, and hazardous chemicals safety
|Stevens Institute of Technology||AT&T sponsored post-degree graduate studies
Solid-state technologies, electrical engineering
|Rutgers University||Post-degree graduate studies in various fields:
Physics, electrical engineering materials science, ceramic science, and computer science
|Brookdale County College||Pre-radiology program studies|
|Continuing Education||Legal research and writing
Computer programming, PC repair, and upgrade certification training
Author and/or contributing author of 20 technical papers; frequently lecture on advanced characterization of materials.
Orion Scientific, Letter of Commendation and Award, July 1999
FAA, Letter of Acknowledgment/Appreciation, March 1999
Toastmasters, Best Table Topics Speech, 1997
Princeton University, Letter of Commendation, 1988