Software Developer Resume
The applicant had limited work experience, so the writer emphasized skills and education. To de-emphasize experience, the writer put the Experience section at the bottom of the resume.
Sample Software Developer Resume
Talented software programmer with BBA degree, strong educational background in programming, and experience using cutting-edge development tools. Articulate and professional communication skills, including formal presentations and technical documentation. Productive in both team-based and self-managed projects; dedicated to maintaining up-to-date industry knowledge and IT skills.
Knowledge & Skill Areas:
|Software Development Lifecycle||Requirements Gathering & Analysis|
|Object-Oriented Programming||Technical & End User Documentation|
|Problem Analysis & Resolution||Software Testing & Troubleshooting|
|Web Site Design & Development||Project Teamwork & Communications|
TECHNICAL Languages: Java, C, C++, JSP, ASP, Rational, HTML, SQL, Unified Process
SUMMARY Operating Systems: Linux, Windows XP/2000/9x
Object-Oriented Design: UML, Design Patterns
EDUCATION TEXAS UNIVERSITY, Houston, TX
Bachelor of Business Administration in Computer Science, 2002
- Earned place on President’s List for 3 semesters (4.0 GPA)
- Member, Golden Key National Honor Society & Honors Fraternity
- Selected for listing in Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges
Software Engineering Systems Engineering Calculus I, II, III Project Management Differential Equations Logic Circuits Database Design Classical / Modern Physics Systems Analysis
- Software Engineering-Served as Design Team Leader and member of Programming group for semester-long project involving development of software for actual implementation within Texas University Recreation Center. Determined requirements, created “look and feel” for user interface, and maintained explicit written documentation.
- Systems Engineering-Teamed with group of 4 in conceptualizing and designing clientserver application to interconnect POS and inventory systems for retail outlet, delivering class presentation that highlighted specifications and projected $2 million in cost savings.
- 3.96 GPA / Concentration in Computer Science coursework
DATAFRAME CONCEPTS, L.L.C., Houston, TX 2000-Present
- Worked with small team of developers to brainstorm and implement ideas for shipping/receiving software representing leading-edge concept within transportation industry.
- Planned and initiated redesign of existing standalone application, utilizing object-oriented design/programming and Java in creating thin-client GUI for new distributed system.
- Collaborated with marketing director in strategies to further business growth, including Web site enhancement that drove 65% increase in visitor interest for product offering.