Staff Nurse Resume
Everything except experience is put on the first page so that the Professional Experience section can appear in full on the second page. Boldfacing aids comprehension on both pages. On the first page, boldfacing calls attention to the person's name, degrees, certifications, competencies, and professional achievements. On the second page, boldfacing makes evident the two workplaces and the different positions held at these sites. Page borders unite the two pages, and lines delineate sections.
Sample Staff Nurse Resume
Operations Management ~ Healthcare Review ~ Clinical Consultant
Extremely competent, well-organized, and professional REGISTERED NURSE with a consistent track record of surpassing standards and goals at New Jersey's premier hospital…motivator and detailed problem-solver who takes pride in meticulous work. Continually strives to expand professional knowledge and responsibilities.
Excellent leadership, scheduling, interpersonal, and safety skills. Establish rapport and confidence while building strong and lasting relationships with a diverse group of individuals…possess exceptional planning, prioritizing, and goal-setting skills to achieve optimal patient outcome…ability to create, implement, and document efficient methods of operations.
- Contributor to the success of the Pain Institute of Beth Israel. The Institute was named one of the top 35 facilities in the United States by Good Housekeeping magazine for 2003.
- Member of the Pain Management Committee, a multidisciplinary team that develops policies and procedures for treating pain.
- As Head Nurse of the Same Day Surgery Unit, hired, trained, and monitored the level of performance of a staff of 30 healthcare professionals.
- As Head Nurse, 6 Tower Surgery Unit, supervised, developed, and evaluated a staff of 60 healthcare professionals.
- Provide leadership to monitor cases for appropriate utilization of services, completeness of documentation, and proper compliance with HIPPA, state, and hospital policies and procedures.
- Selected by the Vice President of Nursing to be an internal consultant in the emergency room for the purpose of upgrading the level of nursing.
- Chosen as a recipient of a full scholarship to Nursing School by the State of New Jersey, Trenton Development Center.
- As Head Nurse, ensure that problems are addressed with appropriate auditing and resolution.
Education and Certifications
MPA ~ Master of Public Administration ~ Fairleigh Dickinson University, Madison, NJ
AAS ~ Nursing ~ Elizabeth General Medical Center School of Nursing, Elizabeth, NJ
BS ~ Sociology ~ University of Scranton, Scranton, PA
ANCC ~ Certified in Medical/Surgical Nursing
AORN ~ Certified in Perioperative Nursing
Additional certification in Telemetry and Intravenous Lines.
Newark Beth Israel Hospital, Newark, NJ (1995-Present)
New Jersey Pain Institute
Staff Nurse (2001-Present)
- Chosen for this elite position in a very high-profile unit. Extensive familiarity with patient assessment, intervention, and compliance with medical policies and procedures.
- Provided health services to ambulatory patients within the Department of Anesthesia in a prestigious division of a hospital that serves as a teaching affiliate of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey.
- Ability to create and implement efficient methods for operations.
- Interact with patients of all ages, levels of development, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Maintained calm, caring environment throughout shifts.
Same Day Surgery
Head Nurse (1999-2001)
- Managed the admission, surgery, and recovery of an ambulatory surgical center that treated 45 patients per day.
- Streamlined the admission and discharge process through performance improvement and program development initiatives.
- Oversaw, monitored, and performed budget analysis for the unit to ensure objectives were achieved.
Staff Nurse (1998-1999)
- Utilized assessment skills to identify and monitor patients' needs and consulted with physicians to provide timely and efficient treatments to patients recovering from surgery.
- Administered medications, reviewed patient charts, and implemented interventions as necessary.
- Surgical rotations included oncology, thoracic, and vascular procedures.
6 Tower Surgical Unit
Head Nurse (1996-1998)
- Supervised, trained, and provided administrative direction to a 60-staff team in this 34-bed surgical unit.
- Planned and managed the care of post-operative patients from admission to the unit until their discharge.
- Collaborated with a multidisciplinary team to provide excellent patient care that exceeded federal, state, and hospital regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring that the unit's budget objectives were met.
New Jersey Department of Human Services, Division of Developmental
Disabilities, Trenton Developmental Center, Trenton, NJ (1986-1995)
Staff Nurse (1994-1995)
- Provided skilled nursing care for developmentally and physically challenged children and adults in a long-term-care facility. Supervised and monitored 4 Licensed Practical Nurses. Acting Principal Community Program Specialist (1990-1993)
- Supervised 5 caseworkers serving 360 developmentally and physically challenged individuals.
- Trained and mentored staff on policies and procedures.
- Negotiated residential service contracts with sponsors and group home providers. Habilitation Plan Coordinator (1986-1990)
- Caseworker for 75 developmentally and physically challenged adults and children.
- Conducted field visits to families, managing their benefits and verifying client's eligibility.