Staging & Rental Manager Resume
This media manager wanted to show that he could "do it all" in developing and coordinating media events and in communicating effectively. The writer uncovered and displayed his innovativeness.
Sample Staging & Rental Manager Resume
Forward-thinking professional with 15 years of experience in the audio-visual services field. Demonstrated expertise in both the development of promotional materials and the production and orchestration of media events. Innovative and resourceful with strong grasp of how to best reach target audiences. Proven record in delivering communications solutions that hit the mark. Respected business partner with extensive array of industry contacts. Able to successfully identify client needs and create cost-effective programs that are consistent with company image and style. Valued for vision in finding new and better ways to do business. Effective leader who embraces the ideals of customer satisfaction and encourages creativity and risk-taking to make it happen. Top-notch communications skills. Effective in adapting messages to regional, national, and international audiences. Progressive in outlook and quick to adopt new technologies.
MEDIAMASTERS, Franklin Park, New Jersey Apr 1988 to present
Business Development Manager - New Jersey (Mar 1993 to present)
Manage department of six, overseeing all aspects of client engagement and client projects. Develop promotional materials to generate new business. Communicate with prospects to identify needs, developing and presenting client proposals and implementing project plans. Hired as technician, earned promotion to assistant manager after only one year. Earned second promotion to current position in 1993.
- Successfully manage company advertising to bring in new prospects. Designed brochure sent out in mass mailing and developed multimedia advertising plan that integrated print ads, radio spots, and website to promote services.
- Designing creative and cost-effective proposals, successfully built client base and customer confidence while ensuring frequent repeat business. Grew client base by 60% since becoming manager, successfully bringing on several major well-known international companies.
- Developed innovative presentation proposal for major client that saved thousands of dollars by converting a company warehouse into a temporary theatre, eliminating the need for offsite facilities. Plan was later adapted and successfully used to orchestrate cost-effective presentations for many other clients.
- Positioned company to compete more effectively for staging contracts by successfully streamlining labor and eliminating waste to significantly reduce program costs.
- Developed webcast for well-known car manufacturer that allowed CEO to address employees from overseas location, saving both time and money.
WESTERN UNIVERSITY, Sunnyvale, California
Bachelor of Science degree in Radio, Television and Film (Emphasis: Media Management)
- Worked at Panavision, scheduling, operating and maintaining film and video equipment.
Seminars and Workshops:
Writing, Producing and Directing Workshop, American Film Institute
Media Management Program, ICIA
Extensive product training on Sony and Panasonic products
PowerPoint • Word • Excel • Internet • Script Writing • Video Editing • Video Shooting • Video Teleconferencing