Student Teacher Resume
A challenge with education resumes for college graduates with the same credentials and experience is to separate an applicant from the competition. Quotations from evaluations can do just that.
Sample Student Teacher Resume
" Wow! Very attractive and engaging materials … love to see students 'beg' to learn using her created materials for the Learning Center … confident and positive her students' self-esteem was enhanced by this … exhibited an excellent knowledge base and understanding of the nature and needs of students with special needs … she will be an asset in any educational environment."~ Excerpts from Student Teaching Evaluations
Special Education Teacher
Enthusiastic and creative educator offering a solid educational background, including B.S. in Education with a major in Special Education. Successful student-teaching experience and observations as evidenced by excellent evaluations from supervising teachers and university professors. Skilled in meeting the needs of special-education students- experienced in working with IAT, MFE, and IEP planning and implementation. Additional experience in testing and assessment.
EDUCATION & HONORS
OHIO UNIVERSITY, Athens, Ohio (June 2004)
Bachelor of Science in Education Major in Special Education, Mild Moderate
Education GPA: 3.52/4.0 • Overall GPA: 3.24/4.0 • Successfully passed PRAXIS exam
Kappa Delta Pi Education Fraternity • Dean's List • POWER (Nationally Certified Peer Health Educator)
Computer proficient-experienced in use of various forms of assistive technology, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office 98/2000/XP, Internet and e-mail functions
Student Teacher-MORRISON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, Athens, Ohio (January-March 2004)
- Developed and implemented lesson plans in K-4 Resource Room in conjunction with supervising teachers.
- Established attainable educational goals for students, which promoted personal and educational growth.
- Participated in IAT, MFE, and IEP planning sessions with parents, teachers, and administrators.
- Tailored educational curriculum to IEPs for children with a variety of disabilities.
- Gained experience utilizing the Stevenson program for presenting phonic patterns and testing.
- Created an entire learning center based on IEP goals-used Pokemon theme to significantly increase children's interest and participation.
Field Experience-MORRISON ELEMENTARY, Athens, Ohio (Spring 2003)
Field Experience-THE PLAINS ELEMENTARY, The Plains, Ohio (Fall 2002)
- Gained valuable experience observing a variety of teaching techniques and implementing daily lesson plans in diverse settings (K-6 classrooms).
- Served as a classroom aide and assisted with tutoring and assessing/teaching groups of 1-14 students with mild to moderate disabilities.
- Participated in data collection for the Positive Behavior Supports program implemented at Luke Middle School in Luke Valley, Ohio.
Child Care Counselor-WILLOWGLEN ACADEMY, Newton, New Jersey (Academic Breaks 2000-2002)
- Counseled children with severe behavior disorders.
- Gained experience working with autistic children while serving as a teacher's aide and working in group homes.
- Tri-County Mental Health and Counseling-Volunteered with patients and planned recreational activities.
- Good Works-Volunteered at this temporary homeless shelter.