Training and Documentation Resume
This teacher wanted to become a corporate trainer. The writer highlights transitional skills, such as writing directives, public speaking, and mentoring, which are relevant to a corporate environment. The writer also presents achievements such as successful teaching and program development to strengthen the candidate's hiring potential as a trainer. An unusual page border makes the resume distinctive. The use of bold and underlining helps achievements stand out.
Sample Training and Documentation Resume
Corporate trainer for large corporation that offers upward mobility.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- BS in Interdisciplinary Studies with emphasis in Mathematics and Communications
- Eight years of teaching experience with measurable accomplishments
- Nine years of concurrent experience as sales representative for cosmetics line and portrait studio
- Director for live and video dramas; play actor
- Proven speaking, public relations, communication, and interpersonal skills
Math Teacher and Cheerleading Sponsor, MAC JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL, Skyview, Texas 1995-2000 As teacher, trained individual students to increase their mathematical, logical, and reasoning skills. Ensured classroom safety, abiding by all safety requirements. As cheerleading sponsor (1997-2000), scheduled and organized special events such as pep rallies, fund-raisers, and tryouts. Motivated parents, staff, and cheerleaders to increase school allegiance. Authored directives.
- Advanced from teaching seventh-grade math to eighth-grade and freshman algebra.
- Instrumental in improving student assessment passing rate: 1998-86.2% 1999-95.1% 2000-97.6% 2001-98%.
- Teaching techniques resulted in 100% of seventh-grade class passing TAAS Test (2000).
- Collaborated with other volunteer teachers to implement Saxon Math Program that produced amazing results.
- Invested large amounts of time working with cheerleaders; getting to know them, organizing tryouts, attending camp, and coordinating activities.
- Completely restructured cheerleading program: Organized paperwork, published schedules, involved other programs, established rules and guidelines, and utilized open communication with parents and administration.
Math Teacher, PROJECT INTERCEPT (ALTERNATIVE SCHOOL), Skyview, Texas 1993-1995 Organized and prepared curriculum to accommodate 7-12 grade levels. Taught as many as four subjects to students in class size of 8-10. Collaborated with other teachers in areas of discipline and student achievement. Utilized consistency and awareness to manage classroom.
- Gained recognizable progress with several difficult students through an accepting attitude and creative teaching techniques.
- Esteemed for motivating students, retaining their attention, and cultivating a zest for learning.
Portrait Consultant, PAUL'S PHOTOGRAPHY, Church Division, Skyview, Texas 2001-2002 Traveled multistate territory selling computer-generated portrait packages to church members. Created and presented attractive packages with best overall poses, motivating customers to make a purchase with warmth and sincerity.
- Ranked in top ten portrait consultants among 30 district representatives in first three weeks of employment.
- Trained for only four days rather than two weeks due to quick learning capacity.
- Outsold trainer in first two days as sales consultant.
Sales Consultant, PRECIOUS COSMETICS, Lubbock, Texas CONCURRENT 1993-Present Market product and conduct facials to sell cosmetic products. Recruit sales consultants. Attend regular training sessions and yearly conventions.
EDUCATION Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies, RELIGIOUS UNIVERSITY, Skyview, Texas 1993
- Major: Secondary Education in Mathematics and Communications
- Teacher certified by the Texas Education Association
AWARDS AND ACTIVITIES
- Active participant in improving TAAS scores instrumental in Mac Junior High's Texas Education Association rating as "Recognized" campus 1997, 1999, and 2001; and as "Exemplary" campus 2000
- Mentor in Leadership Training for Christ Program, 1996-2000
- Student Teacher of the Year, 1995
- Dean's List and National Dean's List, 1992-1993
- Participant in community and children's theater programs
- PC literate with working knowledge of MS Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; and Internet
- Electronics knowledgeable
- Piano, guitar, singing, and acting