Vice President Resume
Horizontal lines draw attention to information enclosed within them, so the three lines help the reader see the opening profile and the bulleted, two-column list of Competencies. In the Professional Experience section, both the names of employers and the employee's positions appear in boldfacing, as well as a prestigious award for outstanding service. Italic calls attention to informative descriptions of each employer. Bullets point to notable achievements.
Sample Vice President Resume
Account Management ~ Supervision ~ Strategic Planning
Highly productive and innovative professional with a proven background in conceiving, designing, introducing, and implementing successful cutting-edge strategies to drive brand awareness and increase sales.
High-energy, results-oriented leader with a talent for building cohesive teams. Strong problem-solving skills. Able to manage time-sensitive projects with multimillion-dollar budgets. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Adept at launching new brands and identifying methods that extend the life of existing brands. Combine a passion for marketing with a commitment to contributing to an organization's bottom line.
Fritz Borg Myron, Parsippany, NJ (2000-Present)
Global provider of general and specialized health-care advertising with offices throughout Europe, Asia, North America, and South America
Vice President and Group Account Supervisor
Partner with clients including Schering Plough and Bering Products to develop strategic direction and innovative campaigns/programs that communicate strategy. Collaborate with Client, Executive Committee, Strategic Director, Account Executive, Art Director, and Copywriter in implementing advertising/marketing strategies. Interact with diverse Agency divisions, including Medical Education and Managed Care.
- Directed strategic direction for launch of Coldex, which achieved the #1 ranking among cold sore remedies in less than one year.
- Spearheaded the implementation of strategy driving Citrucel to the #1 recommended brand of fiber therapy. Currently collaborating with client to evolve positioning and launch campaign for two line extensions.
- Conceptualized and recommended strategy for calcium brands. Managed launch campaign for Tums Calcium, identifying an untapped market.
- Recipient of Schering Plough Pyramid Award for outstanding service.
- Led Agency team to win new business with Bering Products for Chlomina, resulting in additional new business within three months, as well as an invitation to pitch for new brands scheduled for launch in 2004.
Rumson Eastmer Gunn & Partners, New York, NY (1996-2000)
A Fifth Avenue-based advertising agency that implements brand essence to identify and sell rational attributes of a brand in an emotional manner that connects with today's consumers
Vice President of Business Development (1999-2000)
Identified new prospects and created dynamic presentations to win new business. Interacted closely with Executive Committee and members of senior management. Collaborated with PR firm to generate press for Agency.
- Played an integral role as a member of the Pitch Team in obtaining $60 million in new business.
- Formulated and wrote responses to RFPs.
Directed the development and implementation of advertising campaigns for new games, Planet Hollywood, and TV Guide. Maintained close interactions with Hasbro and Agency to develop and implement advertising/marketing campaigns for Adult Games category featuring actress Jane Henry.
- Analyzed Jenga's brand history and stacking game category dynamics to create a platform instrumental in new-brand positioning.
- Facilitated demographic research contributory to determining and recommending best targeting opportunities for Puzz3-D, which were accepted and implemented.
Crosby Peaves & Associates, Buffalo, NY (1995-1996)
A full-service advertising agency with a client list that includes national, regional, and local accounts from virtually every sector of the business world
Created and executed advertising campaigns for Wesley-Jessen and Pharmacia & Upjohn. Interacted closely with both companies to ensure advertising and marketing success.
- Played an integral role in landing the Wesley account. Gathered information to prepare a concise market overview used to implement an in-office campaign for FreshLook colored contact lenses featuring model Christie Brinkley.
- Devised short- and long-term plans for a pharmaceutical company that included a national sampling program for pediatricians. Conducted pre- and post-awareness tests, with results revealing a significant increase in unaided awareness and recommendations.
Hewlett-Brown, New York, NY (1991-1994)
One of the world's leading integrated brand communications organizations, operating in more than 130 countries
Vice President and Account Supervisor
Promoted from Account Supervisor to Vice President and Account Supervisor in 1993. Orchestrated the overall development, servicing, and satisfaction of assigned accounts, including American Home Products, Colgate Palmolive, and L'Oreal Hair Color. Collaborated with clients to conceive and design creative ideas for research testing.
- Spearheaded efforts to increase sales of Preparation H. Conducted media-heavy up-test in local markets, as well as a print and television campaign targeting heavy usage groups, resulting in increased sales.
- Created and introduced a competitive strategy that repositioned Aspirin-Free Anacin as a lowerpriced brand, successfully increasing the brand's market share within the analgesic category.
- Led innovative development and research of print and television for the introduction of Casting hair color, achieving a 10% SOM within one year.
- Authored a year-end competitive analysis instrumental in assisting L'Oreal in developing their 1993 business plans.
Smith, New York, NY (1985-1991)
One of the top 10 largest communications companies in the world
Achieved fast-track promotions from Staff Assistant to Assistant Account Executive to Account Executive within four years. Successfully managed accounts for Fruit of the Loom, United Mint, and The Travelers Corporation. Incorporated media plans and assisted with creative development initiatives for advertising, direct mail, and POS. Administered domestic and international budgets for Agency, international agencies, and subsidiaries.
- Formulated a market briefing and rendered strategic recommendations for the introduction of Fruit of the Loom's new infants' wear line.
- Oversaw the development of a new creative campaign designed to defend Fruit of the Loom's position against a competitor in the Ladies Daywear market share. Increased brand's SOM and experienced a greater level of growth than competitor within nine months. Witnessed an increase in unaided awareness and intent to purchase within one year.
- Served as coordinator between Client, Agency, and five international markets regarding media placement, creative development, and production control.
Bachelor of Arts in Communications and Public Relations
UNIVERSITY OF BUFFALO-Buffalo, NY-Magna Cum Laude